No announcement yet.

Sighted: Ah There You Are!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've clambered over The Wreck of the Mary Deare (1959) before, but salvaging some more from it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-11-03-21h16m16s582 (2).png
Views:	143
Size:	368.5 KB
ID:	95175
    At the court of enquiry, a hatless Harry Phipps spectates as Alexander Archdale, Ben Wright and Charlton Heston ponder

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-11-03-21h16m31s073 (2).png
Views:	133
Size:	384.4 KB
ID:	95176
    The learned commissioner in charge is Cecil Parker, and his underlings are Richard Nellor and Miles Silverton

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-11-03-21h16m53s947 (2).png
Views:	133
Size:	402.9 KB
ID:	95177
    Virginia McKenna doesn't look that impressed, but there's Wallace Bosco and The Old Codger in the back row.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-11-03-21h17m04s256 (2).png
Views:	146
Size:	388.7 KB
ID:	95179
      Michael Redgrave's clerks are Jack Armstrong and Pat Halpin - the already-sighted Paul Beradi looks bored

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-11-03-21h17m49s974 (2).png
Views:	136
Size:	287.3 KB
ID:	95180
      Outside the enquiry, Gary Cooper and Charlton are so caught up, they don't see Ken Lawton passing by

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-11-03-21h18m13s773 (2).png
Views:	131
Size:	342.0 KB
ID:	95181
      Nor Eric Wetherell; John Le Mesurier has just given them a piece of his mind

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-11-03-21h18m47s479 (2).png
Views:	135
Size:	390.9 KB
ID:	95182
      And then Jimmy Cains is taking down everything Emlyn Williams says to Cecil.

Comment

• In the Virginia McKenna cap it is Ray's brother Ernest Marcel Schock sat further up the row, Bob Head's at the back.

Comment

• Originally posted by philly View Post
          In the Virginia McKenna cap it is Ray's brother Ernest Marcel Schock sat further up the row, Bob Head's at the back.
          Although not in shot, Ray Schock is also in the scene, sitting just along from his brother.

Comment

• Had a rewatch of The Final Conflict (1981) last night. Not a very salutary experience, but it has produced some pics of familiar faces. These may be old news to some of you but they are not listed on any of the online resources that I use, so I present them in a public-spirited manner.

Guy Standeven and Walter Henry have already been spotted at the auction, but that's Leslie Adams seated at the left:

Name:	The Final Conflict-LESLIE ADAMS & GUY STANDEVEN at back, WALTER HENRY 2nd right.png
Views:	136
Size:	534.3 KB
ID:	95196
            Anybody know who the bidder is?

Ishaq Bux is highly visible at an ambassadorial do:

Name:	The Final Conflict-ISHAQ BUX.png
Views:	132
Size:	543.9 KB
ID:	95197

Anthony Lang is a photographer in the press pack (this is a shot with a lot of movement, so difficult to get a clear image):

Name:	The Final Conflict-ANTHONY LANG.png
Views:	134
Size:	516.9 KB
ID:	95198
            and in another press pack, there's Pat Gorman wielding a boom mic at the back:

Name:	The Final Conflict-PAT GORMAN.png
Views:	131
Size:	549.3 KB
ID:	95199
            The journalist in the black coat and green tie is familiar but I can't put a name to him. Anybody?
            Attached Files

Comment

• Mary Maxfield, Charles Adey-Gray and Anthony Snell in the first pic, the bidder might be Martin Voss not certain though. Just behind Ishaq is John Doye, not seeing Anthony Lang there.

Comment

• Maybe no Anthony Lang, but the film has a great score by Jerry Goldsmith, conducted by Lionel Newman. I left the soundtrack CD on a loop when I went out of my flat when I lived in London and my poor mother wasn't able to switch it off until I returned from the pub with my father.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	957D58D4-8CA1-432D-9F4F-AB426E56089B.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	95245 Click image for larger version

Name:	89B07185-28FF-4495-A37E-79CC862BAD22.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	979.6 KB
ID:	95244 Is this Guy Standeven sat at the passport desk ? (Man In A Suit Case)

Comment

• Yes defintely Guy plus Jeff Silk and Arnold Schulkes in the queue.

Comment

• In Valley of Song (1953) the uncredited cast at IMDb are mostly actually credited, extra attributions are
                      Sarah Davies - Miss Williams - Schoolteacher
                      Ann Elsdon - Young Soprano
                      Eric Francis - Little Man
                      Ben Williams - Registrar

also in the Miners Bar, Ray, Ernest Marcel and Frank Schock all appear in a single shot, just George missing.

Comment

• Originally posted by philly View Post
                        Yes defintely Guy plus Jeff Silk and Arnold Schulkes in the queue.
                        And the white hair of Harold Coyne as well. The episode is "The Boston Square".

Comment

• It might be The Face of Fu Manchu (1965), but is this really the (doctored) face of Malcolm Johns?

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-11-07-14h07m15s934.png
Views:	95
Size:	449.7 KB
ID:	95268
                          He's down as the uncredited Executioner in several lists, but I'm not sure it is Malcolm as he doesn't have a cleft Kirk Douglas chin, unless that has been added to by make-up as well as his eyes.
                          Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 7 November 2020, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Let's consider the "Weight of Evidence" for NEW SCOTLAND YARD:

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-11-07-19h17m59s358.png
Views:	85
Size:	470.7 KB
ID:	95288
                            At the National (Westminster- deleted) Bank, one of its customers is Sonnie Willis

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-11-07-19h18m34s789.png
Views:	79
Size:	517.3 KB
ID:	95289
                            And when the branch is about to be robbed, despite Olive Milbourne's panicked warnings, we see Roy Lansford is also there to cash his latest Equity or FAA cheque.

Comment

• The next thing is to have an ID parade:

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-11-07-19h20m25s233.png
Views:	97
Size:	521.9 KB
ID:	95292
                              But despite John Carlisle's best hopes, Gary Dean isn't fingered

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-11-07-19h21m06s165.png
Views:	78
Size:	558.2 KB
ID:	95293
                              Nor are Alan Gibbs (left)or Micky Clarke (foreground), despite John Woodvine's best hopes

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-11-07-19h22m19s611.png
Views:	79
Size:	604.2 KB
ID:	95294
                              Those who do get nabbed find themselves in the sparse Central Criminal Court where John Barcroft is defending, Martin Wyldeck is prosecuting and Vernon Duke (front row, second from left) and the previous-sighted John Tatum (mournfully back row, third from left) have the evidence to weigh as jurors. The foreman to picture left of Vernon is the credited Mischa De La Motte. Let's hope he doesn't do a Walter Swash and get the verdict wrong

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-11-07-19h22m38s942.png
Views:	74
Size:	542.3 KB
ID:	95295
                              Well, whatever happens to Bob Hoskins, P.C. James Muir is there to keep law and order.

Comment

• Originally posted by Allen Leighton View Post
                                Had a rewatch of The Final Conflict (1981) last night. Not a very salutary experience, but it has produced some pics of familiar faces. These may be old news to some of you but they are not listed on any of the online resources that I use, so I present them in a public-spirited manner.

Guy Standeven and Walter Henry have already been spotted at the auction, but that's Leslie Adams seated at the left:
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	The Final Conflict-LESLIE ADAMS & GUY STANDEVEN at back, WALTER HENRY 2nd right.png Views:	72 Size:	534.3 KB ID:	95196
                                Anybody know who the bidder is?
                                Hi Allen,

The bidder is Bill Reimbold. He also appears as a US Army general at Damien's party in the beginning of the original Omen. Reimbold (1926-2014) was an American who came to Britain in the 50s and married a British citizen. Lots of small appearances in films from the 70s to the 90s, most notably as the bureaucrat watching Indiana Jones sign over the Ark of the Covenant to the government at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Comment

Working...
                                X