Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sighted: Ah There You Are!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello, Freddy. Is that Lance? I'm afraid don't think it is based on this shot a few seconds later:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-15-22h12m14s839.png
Views:	33
Size:	305.6 KB
ID:	38115
    It is, however, Manny Michael sitting next to "Lance" and Jack May is on the other side of the aisle. A number of extras have been spotted in the church scenes before, but here's another one who might have been missed previously:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-15-22h10m48s052.png
Views:	37
Size:	333.7 KB
ID:	38116
    The dome of St. Ernest Blythe the Chin rises above the heads of Joan Greenwood and Peter Finch in the closing sequence of the film, with Sidney James just getting a look-in too.





    Comment


    • Spot as we watch Sing as You Swing (1937):

      Click image for larger version  Name:	sing 1.png Views:	1 Size:	437.5 KB ID:	38118
      Eric Maturin does gets a screen credit but no role attribution, but here he is as the Controller of B.V.D. having a naughty word in his shell-like

      Click image for larger version  Name:	sing 2.png Views:	1 Size:	538.9 KB ID:	38119
      Adding to his C.V. as the B.V.D. canteen assistant is Ben Williams, serving the milk and two sugars to Edward Ashley.

      No sign that I could see of the billed Miss Billie Carlyle and Jimmy Godden, but as this seems to be an edited-down version of the film, perhaps Billie and Jimmy are singing as they swing together on the cutting room floor.

      Comment


      • Digging a few more up From Beyond the Grave (1973):

        Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-16-14h10m37s437.png
Views:	36
Size:	686.8 KB
ID:	38178Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-16-14h10m48s581.png
Views:	33
Size:	680.8 KB
ID:	38179
        I can never decide if the gaunt passerby alongside Ben Howard is Anthony Lang or George Holdcroft (bearing in mind Peter Cushing's in the film)

        Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-16-14h11m47s320.png
Views:	35
Size:	651.6 KB
ID:	38180
        But I'm sure this one as Ian Bannen ogles a medal to which he is not entitled is Gerald Paris

        Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-16-14h13m09s443.png
Views:	33
Size:	677.5 KB
ID:	38181
        Ian Ogilvy and Lesley-Anne Down have a haunted door delivered and it looks like doing the delivering are Michael Crane . . .

        Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-16-14h14m38s568.png
Views:	33
Size:	766.0 KB
ID:	38182
        . . . and Shaun Curry, the look of whose face will echo how Ian and Lesley-Anne feel after their little adventure into the macabre.

        In the first story with David Warner, the voice of the Face (Marcel Steiner) is Robert Rietty, who also does the voice for the uncredited Dallas Adams, who's a later owner of David's unhappy mirror.

        Comment


        • Well, although Peter Cushing's not in The Curse of the Werewolf (1961):

          Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-16-15h16m30s456.png
Views:	36
Size:	518.0 KB
ID:	38192
          George Holdcroft certainly is as the Marquis Siniestro's majordomo, with Charles Lamb the chef whose goose is about to be re-cooked

          Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-16-15h18m19s787.png
Views:	32
Size:	585.9 KB
ID:	38193
          Emil Stemmler is just glad he didn't cook it, though Lamb is certainly now on the menu

          Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-16-15h19m22s920.png
Views:	33
Size:	548.4 KB
ID:	38194
          As the Marquis and his unfortunate bride head for bed, the footmen on duty are Norman Fisher and the previously-sighted Desmond Llewelyn.

          Comment


          • In the traditional Bray tavern:

            Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-16-15h22m16s192.png
Views:	36
Size:	531.2 KB
ID:	38198
            Michael Ripper regales the regulars about how many Hammer films he's been in, though Richard Gregory in the foreground seems doubtful about it. Michael Peake is propping up the bar and Anne Blake is behind it

            Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-16-15h23m28s796.png
Views:	35
Size:	515.2 KB
ID:	38199
            There's an eye-popping number of extras involved in the climatic scenes on the backlot village set and every time you watch the film, more can be spotted. As well as the previously-sighted Ted Carroll (broken), Fred Woods and Hubert Hill, I see Roy Everson almost centre of the group and maybe John More far left with the torch. The three in the doorway are Alister Williamson, Peter Sallis and Clifford Evans

            Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-16-15h26m19s979.png
Views:	32
Size:	463.4 KB
ID:	38200
            More fire to singe Oliver Reed's fur calls upon the chucking talents of Fred Haggerty

            Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-16-15h27m28s258.png
Views:	34
Size:	486.9 KB
ID:	38201
            This next group includes Jimmy Charters, George Spence and not looking any older even though this is set decades after the Marquis Siniestro scenes, Norman Fisher

            Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-16-15h31m13s475.png
Views:	32
Size:	440.1 KB
ID:	38202
            Hira Talfrey and Catherine Feller try to come to terms with the wig Clifford's wearing, but although Frederick Kelsey is suitably hatted here (though not in an earlier scene), George Curtis possesses another questionable rug.

            Comment


            • Gerald, i think that is Joe Dunne left of Fred Haggerty, it is certainly Jack 'Kid' Berg in the black cossack style hat at the back of him.
              I remember looking at the production stills on the DVD extras, Hyma Beckley and T'Old Codger were spotted in the crowd but i couldn't see them in the film.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
                Well, although Peter Cushing's not in The Curse of the Werewolf (1961):

                Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-16-15h16m30s456.png
Views:	36
Size:	518.0 KB
ID:	38192
                George Holdcroft certainly is as the Marquis Siniestro's majordomo, with Charles Lamb the chef whose goose is about to be re-cooked

                Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-16-15h18m19s787.png
Views:	32
Size:	585.9 KB
ID:	38193
                Emil Stemmler is just glad he didn't cook it, though Lamb is certainly now on the menu

                Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-16-15h19m22s920.png
Views:	33
Size:	548.4 KB
ID:	38194
                As the Marquis and his unfortunate bride head for bed, the footmen on duty are Norman Fisher and the previously-sighted Desmond Llewelyn.
                Gerald, I'm surprised you avoided the temptation to give us a nice close up of Yvonne Romain who looked sensational in this film!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
                  Hello, Freddy. Is that Lance? I'm afraid don't think it is based on this shot a few seconds later:

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-15-22h12m14s839.png
Views:	33
Size:	305.6 KB
ID:	38115
                  It is, however, Manny Michael sitting next to "Lance" and Jack May is on the other side of the aisle. A number of extras have been spotted in the church scenes before, but here's another one who might have been missed previously:




                  Hi Gerald, you are right, It was his facial mannerism that caught my attention plus the age range was correct, but looking at other photos of Lance there is a difference.
                  regards
                  Freddy

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by philly View Post
                    Gerald, i think that is Joe Dunne left of Fred Haggerty, it is certainly Jack 'Kid' Berg in the black cossack style hat at the back of him.
                    I remember looking at the production stills on the DVD extras, Hyma Beckley and T'Old Codger were spotted in the crowd but i couldn't see them in the film.
                    Thanks, philly. I see I did have Joe Dunne down for "Stunts". Hyma Beckley could easily be there, hidden behind someone else. It's the kind of scene in which additional people are spotted every time.

                    Comment


                    • Just for cully, Yvonne Romain with two of her friends:

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-16-19h45m00s170.png
Views:	35
Size:	458.8 KB
ID:	38217

                      Comment


                      • On the topic of younger Lance Percival, I think this could be him playing a schoolboy in Top of the Form (1953)





                        Freddy, I think the fellow in your pic could be Terence O'Regan:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	61290-18286-0.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	38233


                        (And I thank you for the Yvonne Romain shot, too)
                        Last edited by Dave W; 16th September 2017, 08:14 PM.

                        Comment


                        • That certainly looks like him, Dave!

                          Looking like them when They Came By Night in 1939:

                          Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-16-22h28m43s155.png Views:	1 Size:	480.2 KB ID:	38240
                          Dr. Charles Paton gives a prescription to Insp. George Merritt for fallen arches as Sergt. Anthony Hulme looks on

                          Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-16-22h29m09s763.png Views:	1 Size:	373.2 KB ID:	38241
                          P.C. Charles Rolfe makes short work of Hal Walters

                          Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-16-22h30m08s846.png Views:	1 Size:	353.0 KB ID:	38242
                          And frequent, but not on this occasion, bobby Robert Brooks Turner makes equally short work of Will Fyffe.

                          IMDb suggests an unconfirmed and uncredited appearance of William Hartnell, but I can't confirm it either as I didn't spot him. Also, allegedly the first film of Sam Kydd, but no sign of him either.
                          Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 16th September 2017, 09:47 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
                            Just for cully, Yvonne Romain with two of her friends:

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-09-16-19h45m00s170.png
Views:	35
Size:	458.8 KB
ID:	38217
                            Well done, Gerald, you're a pal!!

                            Comment


                            • And the Same To You (1960) features some less attractive characters...

                              Click image for larger version  Name:	And the Same Too You.PNG Views:	1 Size:	224.2 KB ID:	38300
                              Jack Sharp, Jimmy Charters and Jim Brady get ringside seats for Brian Rix's laughable attempts at boxing




                              Comment


                              • Click image for larger version

Name:	And The Same Too You - George Hilsdon.PNG
Views:	38
Size:	219.6 KB
ID:	38302

                                George Hilsdon acts as Brian's second with dubious help from Arthur Mullard

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X