Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Sound City Studios, St. Margarets near Richmond on Thames

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound City Studios, St. Margarets near Richmond on Thames

I've just found this on the 'Britain from Above' site. It's on the site of Twickenham but 'Sound City' at St.Margarets is a studio I've not heard of before - can anyone here provide information on this early studio?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	110.9 KB ID:	54548
    Last edited by Anthony McKay; 2nd March 2018, 10:34 PM.

'Sound City' was the name given to Shepperton Studios.....it appeared on the end credits of London Town (1946), the last film to name this studio as 'Sound City'

As Shepperton studios were closed during WW2, 'Sound City' was previously seen on films made there in the 1930s....

Comment

I was always under the belief that Sound City was the first name of Shepperton Studios

Comment

Agreed - this is from March 20th 1932 - two years before the photo caption. So it look like a mistake on the photo caption.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	23.4 KB ID:	54610
        Last edited by Anthony McKay; 3rd March 2018, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Twickenham Studios were occasionally referred to as St Margarets. Sound City was Shepperton.

Comment

Working...
          X