Goldhawk Studios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldhawk Studios

Just read a line in book that said 'Goldhawk Studios was a smallish facility but knot as tiny as sometimes reported.' Not sure what constitutes a 'smallish facility', does anyone have any information on the studios? I know several features were shoot there including a Cliff Richard/Dora Bryan film, Two a Penny (1967) but how big was it?

Patricia Warren's British Film Studios an illustrated history also refers to Goldhawk as "tiny", but then it goes on to say the only feature film listed as shot there was The Little Ones (1965), maybe an appropriate title for the studio. However, the Peter Cushing horror film The Blood Beast Terror was also made there in 1967. David Miller's The Peter Cushing Companion again only describes the studio as "tiny".

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
      Patricia Warren's British Film Studios an illustrated history also refers to Goldhawk as "tiny", but then it goes on to say the only feature film listed as shot there was The Little Ones (1965), maybe an appropriate title for the studio. However, the Peter Cushing horror film The Blood Beast Terror was also made there in 1967. David Miller's The Peter Cushing Companion again only describes the studio as "tiny".
      Hi Gerald, I saw the Patricia Warren reference, that was my first port of call, and I assume that's the source of Flint's comment. Compared with say Pinewood, I'm sure it was 'tiny' but that comparison makes Bray 'tiny' and it had four or five sound stages, a backlot and a water tank. Not exactly the implied potting shed!

Comment

The 2 Steptoe films were made there

Comment

Originally posted by orpheum View Post
          The 2 Steptoe films were made there
          Really? IMDB (which isn't faultless, admittedly) says it was Lee International Studios

Comment

Yes you are correct

Comment

Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post

Really? IMDB (which isn't faultless, admittedly) says it was Lee International Studios
              It also says that on the screen credits for both films.

Comment

It seems the film studios closed in 1978 and the sound stages were converted by Richard Branson into three music recording studios. Elton John, Queen, Phil Collins, Duran Duran all callled it home from home. The building has now been converted into luxury flats.

i am still no nearer though understand what 'tiny' measure in absolute rather than comparative terms.

Comment

Working...
                X