No announcement yet.

FILMS & FILMING - UK Production List :1957

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would have been interesting to have seen a test to see how Bresslaw would have played it, which is difficult because we only know him as a comedian.
    That's what I like about the older film magazines, it's like a trip into the past and being able to read the information as if it is happening now.

Comment

Hello, Stephen: In the old BritMovie Forum I was an avid reader and appreciator of the "Kine Weekly" issues you used to upload. It was obviously a lot of work on your part, so I don't imagine you have uploaded any of those issues here, by chance?

Best wishes,

Comment

• orpheum
        orpheum commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello isn't that Barbara,the Dirk Bogarde fan from the States.If so hope you are well.Remember meeting at the NFT?

• agutterfan
        agutterfan commented
        Editing a comment
        They're still available, click here then scroll down to the particular magazine of choice: http://filmdope.com/forums/british-film-studios.html.

Hi, Orpheum! Yes, Barbara here and I do remember our great meeting. I've left you a message on your page. I'm still finding my way around on this site. But I'm delighted to be here again.

Comment

@Agutterfan: Thank you for the link to the old archive. Those "Kine Weekly" issues were filled with fascinating information. Loved reading them. Whenever I made it to London, I'd buy every issue I found. I see that Anthony is also uploading some issues on this "new" site as well. I hope you are well. I remember all of your posts and meetings with Jenny.

Comment

Originally posted by theuofc View Post
          Hello, Stephen: In the old BritMovie Forum I was an avid reader and appreciator of the "Kine Weekly" issues you used to upload. It was obviously a lot of work on your part, so I don't imagine you have uploaded any of those issues here, by chance?

Best wishes,
          Hi Barbara...as previously mentioned, Kine Weekly's I uploaded are still available to read in the archive.
          Anthony McKay's new method of scanning Kine Weekly with this newer technology is far superior and also provides the complete issue.
          Last edited by Stephen Pickard; 30 April 2020, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• theuofc
            theuofc commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you very much, Stephen. It's been wonderful reading all of your uploads in the archive, and yes, also enjoying Anthony's scans. Both of you have been superb resources for Kine Weekly, one of my favourite reads. I've picked up any copies I've seen in book shops but it's always a hit and miss find. Thank you again for all your effort and time spent!

FILMS & FILMING - April :1957

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

FILMS & FILMING - May :1957

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Another great upload of Films & Filming. I love reading these and finding gems of informatiion. Thank you!

Comment

Thanks again for taking the time and effort to share these rare old issues of Films and Filming.

Comment

Working...
                            X