Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Intimate Stranger" aka "Finger of Guilt" - at which studio was this based?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Intimate Stranger" aka "Finger of Guilt" - at which studio was this based?

I have to credit Reel Steets for putting me on to this one as there is some filming of Nettlefold Studio buildings and a huge amount of filming around the M-G-M British lot as well as inside the M-G-M stages.

There is no studio credit on the YouTube print - so what I would like to know is, at which studio was this production based?

IMDb says Shepperton - the technicians used would suggest Merton Park!

Is there any contemporary documentation to answer this question?

The film went through a few name changes during production, starting with "With All My Heart" then "Man Betrayed" and then "Pay the Piper".

In production November 14 - December 1955

Archive.org to the rescue - it was Merton Park!

Comment

I was wondering if this group wandering past the camera could be a cameo of the blacklisted production team members who were not allowed to use their names in the credits?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture-00205.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	93860

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony McKay View Post
        I was wondering if this group wandering past the camera could be a cameo of the blacklisted production team members who were not allowed to use their names in the credits?
        Was there a blacklist in the UK?

Steve

Comment

• Anthony McKay
          Anthony McKay commented
          Editing a comment
          There were at least two American members of the production crew who were on the American blacklist - one of the names and the tile of this film was leaked to the American trade press causing the name of the film to be changed once more before US release.

• Steve Crook
          Steve Crook commented
          Editing a comment
          But are/were British studios so in thrall to the Americans that they actively followed the nonsense of the American blacklist?

The man wih the clipboard is background artiste Tony Castleton.

Comment

Originally posted by philly View Post
          The man wih the clipboard is background artiste Tony Castleton.
          Tony Castleton was an extras shop steward, so maybe he was checking off his forces on the clipboard.

Comment

Working...
          X