John Boorman on the making of Deliverance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Boorman on the making of Deliverance

From the Guardian. John Boorman and Jon Voight briefly talk about how Deliverance was made.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...man-jon-voight

Nick

Great article, but I wish there was more.

Comment

• agutterfan
      agutterfan commented
      Editing a comment
      You stole the words right out of my mouth. Brilliant film.

It's great, the duelling banjo scene... now trying to spot which shots had an extra arm from a man hiding behind the banjo player, as described by Boorman. The actor was a great face, but couldn't play, so they had a musician behind him and an extra sleeve, so that he could be the left hand making the fret moves.

Comment

Great anecdotes about Deliverance . Stuck pretty close to the book too . Boorman will be remembered for that one film & for Excalibur as the definative takes on two complete opposite countries legends .

Comment

Originally posted by AlecLeamas View Post
        Great anecdotes about Deliverance . Stuck pretty close to the book too . Boorman will be remembered for that one film & for Excalibur as the definative takes on two complete opposite countries legends .
        Hell in the Pacific for its raw, uncompromising power is Boorman's best, IMO. Excalibur had its moments but my overwhelming feeling on leaving the cinema was one of disappointment.

Comment

An interview by Xan Brooks in the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...it-on-my-piano

Nick

Comment

Great filmmaker. I have always loved Point Blank, Hell in the Pacific and Deliverance. It’s a little sad to see such a vibrant and fertile mind now in old age.

Comment

Originally posted by Paxton Milk View Post
              Great filmmaker. I have always loved Point Blank, Hell in the Pacific and Deliverance. It’s a little sad to see such a vibrant and fertile mind now in old age.
              Old age happens to most of us, if we’re lucky

There’s not a lot you can do about it.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

Old age happens to most of us, if we’re lucky

There’s not a lot you can do about it.

Steve
                Not criticizing old age, just saying it’s sad that the exciting filmmaker I grew up admiring has now in a different stage of his life.

Comment

Working...
                X