X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paxton Milk
    replied
    Originally posted by googiefan View Post
    Yes I would too. I’d pay a lot of money for some things though. Depending on what it was.
    Out of curiosity, what subject matter would you pay, say £150, for?

Leave a comment:

• googiefan
    replied
    Yes I would too. I’d pay a lot of money for some things though. Depending on what it was.

Leave a comment:

• Paxton Milk
    replied
    Yes but libraries are closing down. Ours has gone not everyone lives were there are lots of facilities, resources or transport.
    It was intended as a facetious comment. But I would have to want a book VERY badly to pay that sort of money for it.

Leave a comment:

• googiefan
    replied
    Yes but libraries are closing down. Ours has gone not everyone lives were there are lots of facilities, resources or transport.

Leave a comment:

• Paxton Milk
    replied
    Originally posted by orpheum View Post
    Someone in America has just put on a copy for £139
    Still a good price
    Haven't these people ever heard of the public library?

Leave a comment:

• orpheum
    replied
    Someone in America has just put on a copy for £139
    Still a good price

Leave a comment:

• Paxton Milk
    replied
    Originally posted by orpheum View Post
    You better find this book as the one available copy is going for £568 on Amazon!
    WHAT!?! Under what circumstances would someone want the book so badly as to pay that price? It's suddenly jumped to the top of my 'to do' list. Second on the list is to get it onto eBay!

Leave a comment:

• orpheum
    replied
    You better find this book as the one available copy is going for £568 on Amazon!

Leave a comment:

• Paxton Milk
    replied
    Oh I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    No worries. I will dig it out and give it another go, now that I am older and have more patience. I have Sidney's book as well, a biography, I think, but I have no recollection of reading that at all- so at least I formed an opinion on Muriel!

Leave a comment:

• googiefan
    replied
    Oh I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Leave a comment:

• Paxton Milk
    replied
    She may not have had an exciting life but she was still a good underrated female director. Ignored largely.
    I wasn't commenting on either her life or her work, googlefan, just the quality of the writing (or ghost working, perhaps).

Leave a comment:

• googiefan
    replied
    She may not have had an exciting life but she was still a good underrated female director. Ignored largely.

Leave a comment:

• Paxton Milk
    replied
    I read her autobiography many, many years ago and I remember being disappointed at a bland and uninteresting read. I still have it in my garage at home somewhere, maybe its time to go back and reassess.

Leave a comment:

• googiefan
    replied
    Hi Nick, yes it was.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Dando
    replied
    Was it this one?

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...-never-head-of

Nick

Leave a comment:

Working...