Image of Ted Sturgis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image of Ted Sturgis

Has anyone got an image of assistant director Ted Sturgis for identification purposes?

Ted Sturgis was 'AD' on The Deadly Affair. Is he one of the men behind Sidney Lumet?:

Click image for larger version  Name:	LON2577.jpg Views:	1 Size:	88.2 KB ID:	66977

Comment

• StoneAgeMan
      StoneAgeMan commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the camera mount in this shot.

Have you contacted former member/fellow assistant director Roger Simons? They worked on 13 films together (two of them with the sadly late Albert Finney) so he's the ideal person to ask, and may even have a good collection of production stills that could identify other crew we know by name only.

Movie Dude's gallery for Repulsion 'identifies' Ted as one of the men in the family photo:

Where did that information come from? This guy looks much older than 37 - the
    age Mr. Sturgis would have been when he worked on the film, if IMDb is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by cornershop15 View Post
      Have you contacted former member/fellow assistant director Roger Simons? They worked on 13 films together (two of them with the sadly late Albert Finney) so he's the ideal person to ask, and may even have a good collection of production stills that could identify other crew we know by name only.

Movie Dude's gallery for Repulsion 'identifies' Ted as one of the men in the family photo:

Where did that information come from? This guy looks much older than 37 - the
      age Mr. Sturgis would have been when he worked on the film, if IMDb is correct.
      I've got a few behind the camera images to caption - and this is the nearest of the bunch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	67719

Roger Simons has given me a lot of help in the past, but been occupied with more pressing 'real world' matters recently.

Comment

• cornershop15
        cornershop15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds serious. Either for him personally or someone close. I can only hope things become less stressful very soon.

Best I could do in my attempt to improve both images:

I see a similarity between the second photo and the obscured man on the left in this On Location picture from Peeping Tom:

Ted was AD on that as well. Behind the man with the camera (Gerry Turpin?) are Michael Powell, Carl Boehm and Otto Heller.

Comment

Another image from my photosClick image for larger version

Views:	18
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	67756

Comment

Another possible?
          Click image for larger version

Views:	17
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	67759

Comment

I have confirmation from
            Renée Glynne, that he is NOT in the picture from Peeping Tom, but all other pictures are him. "Stocky build, brown hair, wobbly nose". She doesn't have any pics though.

Comment

Originally posted by StoneAgeMan View Post
              I have confirmation from
              Renée Glynne, that he is NOT in the picture from Peeping Tom, but all other pictures are him. "Stocky build, brown hair, wobbly nose". She doesn't have any pics though.
              Thanks for that - very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X