Brian De palma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian De palma

Nothing worth watching on the television last night. So I put on a DVD. Obsession. Music score by Bernard Herrmann. Details. Quite often, television programs, produce in America, I have noticed that when cars are being used, the inspection stickers on the windshields are missing. Generally, British filmmakers have the proper tax disc on the cars being used in their films. In America, all states require, each year, cars have to be tested to make sure they are road worthy. If the car fails the inspection, a rejection sticker will be attached to the windshield. It gives you about 31 days to have the car repaired. If you don’t do it in the time limit given. The car will be towed and the driver will receive a fine. Brian De Palma in this film, used the proper stickers for the windshields. The film, made in New Orleans, the story started in 1959. Proper stickers for that year was used. Brian De Palma film, Obsession was released in 1976.

Interesting observation.

Comment

True, each year cars have to tested to make sure they are safe for driving. Tires are checked, to make sure your not driving with bald worn out tires. Headlights must be working properly, turn signals, wind shield wipers, and emissions controls. If your car fails the test, you will received a rejection sticker, attached to your windshield. One month the get your car repaired and in compliance with regulations. If you get caught driving without the required repairs, you will have your car impounded, a ticket issued, and possibly having your auto insurance cancelled by the insurance companies.
      Last edited by Derick Angerman; 9th December 2019, 05:37 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

If you check the end credits of many U.S. film and TV shows you'll notice the legend "automobiles supplied by Ford (or Chrysler)" . I assume the cars don't have 'inspection tickets' as they're brand new models off the assembly line given to the film companies gratis for the credit. That's why they can afford so many car smash-ups!

Comment

Some years ago, either I read this or heard it on one of the tv shows that film companies sometimes will receive new cars from auto companies . The cars were cars that have been returned to manufacturing plants because of defects. Auto makers determine the cars are not worth repairing so they let the film companies wreck them.
          Last edited by Kevinspencer; 9th December 2019, 06:33 PM.

Comment

The artist has had many residencies at the Tyrone Guthrie Centre, and Cill Rialaig in Kerry. He has shown his paintings and shadowboxes for many years in the RHA Annual Exhibitions, and in the RUA liteblue
            Last edited by Canterbury; 5th May 2020, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Canterbury View Post
              The artist has had many residencies at the Tyrone Guthrie Centre, and Cill Rialaig in Kerry. He has shown his paintings and shadowboxes for many years in the RHA Annual Exhibitions, and in the RUA.
              Ok, you need to help me out here.

EDIT: Finally worked it out. BRIAN PALM is an artist. Our confused poster has done a copy 'n paste job from linkedin.

Last edited by narabdela; 2nd May 2020, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X