Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christopher Nolan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Christopher Nolan

    Born in Britain, has dual citizenship with the U.S.A. His film, Tenet is being released to the cinemas, here in Canada. Because of Coronavirus, many new releases were held up.
    Last edited by Kevinspencer; 27 August 2020, 02:49 PM. Reason: Spelling

  • #2
    I was thinking of going to see this film I read some reviews.His version of Dunkirk was fairly poor and confused.Enough to put me off this film in any event.

    Comment


    • #3
      His films usually have complex time shifts in them which are very clever no doubt, but do in my aging brain.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by orpheum View Post
        I was thinking of going to see this film I read some reviews.His version of Dunkirk was fairly poor and confused.Enough to put me off this film in any event.
        Not my experience at all. His films do require more concentration than most, and often a second viewing to fully appreciate them.

        I've seen 'Dunkirk' three times now, in IMAX, in 70mm, and via streaming. I do enjoy a good "Leave your brains at the door and enjoy the ride" film now and again, but I prefer movies that make me exercise the little grey cells.

        Comment


        • orpheum
          orpheum commented
          Editing a comment
          Clearly your experience and mine are not the same.I am looking to be entertained.I don't need to go more than once to see it.It wouldn't get to the neccessity for a second veiwing

      • #5
        Movie critics here in Canada have been giving good ratings for Tenet. 4 stars, here in Ontario.
        Last edited by Nick Dando; 29 August 2020, 07:08 AM. Reason: Spelling

        Comment


        • #6
          Originally posted by narabdela View Post

          Not my experience at all. His films do require more concentration than most, and often a second viewing to fully appreciate them.

          I've seen 'Dunkirk' three times now, in IMAX, in 70mm, and via streaming. I do enjoy a good "Leave your brains at the door and enjoy the ride" film now and again, but I prefer movies that make me exercise the little grey cells.
          I personally actually cannot think of a single positive thing to say about Dunkirk,it was so bad I could never ever consider seeing it again,nothing to do with any time shifting considerations - it was just a very boring/inaccurate film.I can cope with an inaccurate film if it is interesting/exciting but Dunkirk was just plain tedious with no standout performers/characters/actors.

          Comment


          • #7
            Originally posted by BVS View Post

            I personally actually cannot think of a single positive thing to say about Dunkirk,it was so bad I could never ever consider seeing it again,nothing to do with any time shifting considerations - it was just a very boring/inaccurate film.I can cope with an inaccurate film if it is interesting/exciting but Dunkirk was just plain tedious with no standout performers/characters/actors.
            Exactly!

            Comment


            • orpheum
              orpheum commented
              Editing a comment
              That's not what you said about the film in my post.Surely some mistake.

            • narabdela
              narabdela commented
              Editing a comment
              Mmm. Too subtle maybe.

          • #8
            There's something about Nolan that rubs me the wrong way. I think it might be that a lot of the critics fall over themselves about him. I enjoyed the earlier films - Memento, Following, The Prestige.

            I don't think he's as brilliant as he thinks he is. I thought the fractured timeline in Dunkirk was deliberately confusing not clever. Most views from the public I have read about Tenet have mentioned the confusing timeline and poor audio for the dialogue.

            Tenet was always going to be hyped but I think a lot of this now is trying to get people to actually return to the cinema itself.

            Comment

            Working...
            X