Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Daniel Craig is back as Bond

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Craig is back as Bond

But happily it will be his last one,fulfilling his five-film contract and time for a change.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40946939

I liked him in all the Bonds!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
      I liked him in all the Bonds!
      I almost agree, zabadak, I don't think he is the best but I do like him and think he as good if not better than any of the suggested replacements.

Comment

The other downside is that Adele is tipped to sing the Theme again.

Comment

The other downside is that Adele is tipped to sing the Theme again.
          The one that won the Oscar - that sounds pretty good after the last one.

Hopefully they'll have a good script, and it will break records for boxoffice again - because that will ensure the franchise carries on.

Comment

Originally posted by John Hamilton View Post

I almost agree, zabadak, I don't think he is the best but I do like him and think he as good if not better than any of the suggested replacements.
            He has Bond's coldness and arrogance in abundance, the original 'blunt object' that Fleming had in mind. However he is a bit charmless and lacks the matinee idol looks of the earlier screen Bonds and of the novels.
            Daniel Craig though not my personal favourite Bond, is by far the best actor of the bunch and it's nice to see the Franchise continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonekicker View Post

The one that won the Oscar
              Yeah thats because it sounds like a recycled version of Diamonds Are Forever.

Comment

There will always be new role players! We have to understand which one has a better performance!
                Code:
                CarO1987

Comment

• CarO1987
                  CarO1987 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Truth be told...

I hear ya!

Quantity Of Solace was not great but that wasn't his fault.

All the Bond actors have their credits - even Lazenby!

Connery is hard to fault.

I guess my least favourite is Dalton, but not enough to make me dislike him or his Bond films.

Brosnan brought a smooth charm, as did Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post

I hear ya!

Quantity Of Solace was not great but that wasn't his fault.

All the Bond actors have their credits - even Lazenby!

Connery is hard to fault.

I guess my least favourite is Dalton, but not enough to make me dislike him or his Bond films.

Brosnan brought a smooth charm, as did Moore.

I find the later 'Moores' pretty much unwatchable, not his fault but the quality of the scripts took a nose dive, as did the production values- some of the models and back projection were laughable even by contemporary standards

Comment

I find the later 'Moores' pretty much unwatchable, not his fault but the quality of the scripts took a nose dive, as did the production values- some of the models and back projection were laughable even by contemporary standards
                    I have to agree with you. I thought Octopussy was probably the worst of all the Bond films. A View To A Kill was perhaps slightly better but not by much, but by this stage Roger was showing his age anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl V View Post

I have to agree with you. I thought Octopussy was probably the worst of all the Bond films. A View To A Kill was perhaps slightly better but not by much, but by this stage Roger was showing his age anyway.
                      I have never seen A View To A Kill all the way through, I gave up on it 30 years ago and can't bring myself to go back. Apart from all the other problems, Rog was way too old and looked it!

Comment

I have never seen A View To A Kill all the way through, I gave up on it 30 years ago and can't bring myself to go back.
                        To be honest with you John, you haven't missed much. The Living Daylights with Timothy Dalton which followed in 1987 was a nice change after the last two Roger Moore films, I would say.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl V View Post

To be honest with you John, you haven't missed much. The Living Daylights with Timothy Dalton which followed in 1987 was a nice change after the last two Roger Moore films, I would say.
                          Yeah, I don't feel I have missed out and Dalton was definitely a step in the right direction, even if it was.a low bar at that point (mixed metaphors, I know)

Comment

Yeah, I don't feel I have missed out and Dalton was definitely a step in the right direction, even if it was.a low bar at that point
                            The problem I always had with Dalton was that although the change in gear from Roger Moore and the arch quiping was welcome (and yes, he looks old in the latter ones), Dalton never looked comfortable in the role - he was serious, but never had the swagger. Connery famously moved like a cat, and if your playing Bond, you need to have that presence. Dalton's other problem was that his scripts were not all that great. The first wasn't that bad, although the slide on a double bass down a snowy hill through the Austrian border was just silly. And the second one often seemed to have the production values and script of a TV movie.

Craig has the swagger, and catching a bit of Spectre on Sky yesterday, I was reminded that he fits the role very very well. And while I can perfectly understand why an actor might want to move on, casting is so important in Bond, so working with a winner makes perfect sense.

Comment

Working...
                            X