Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Books in Films

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Books in Films

Continuing another of cornershop's threads from the old forum, found by Peter Sellers at the home of Mai Zetterling and Raymond Huntley when he contemplates having an affair with Mai as Only Two Can Play (1961):

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2018-01-29-11h07m10s753.png
Views:	1
Size:	329.0 KB
ID:	53394

I couldn't find the edition online, maybe it was made up for the film, but here's one with a nicer cover:

Name:	91onCUgFSrL.jpg
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	53395

Amongst his other works, the author John P. Marquand created the character of Mr. Moto, played in the 20th Century-Fox film series rather differently from the books by Peter Lorre. In the 80s, I foolishly left a hardback edition of Thank You, Mr. Moto in a London taxi and of course never saw it again. I was "so sorry". It's only in the last few years that I've managed to get another copy of the same edition.

A strange choice of reading matter in the hotel room of young Angela Douglas in Feet of Clay (1960):

Name:	vlcsnap-2018-02-03-11h01m22s435.png
Size:	304.0 KB
ID:	53528

The one on the left is this:

Name:	Fantastic Holiday.jpg
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	53529

The pin-up is Angela's boyfriend Jimmy Fuller, played by Brian Smith, who wears the same clothes throughout the film.

Comment

Working...
    X