Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

"Village of the Damned" - British promotional material

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Village of the Damned" - British promotional material

There does not seem to be much British visual promotional material for 'Village of the Damned' - I've only ever seen one green 'Horror in Born' poster and the cover of Kine Weekly shared with 'The Time Machine' - in comparison I've got a samples of a dozen different US press adverts and almost as many different posters.

Is there much out there to illustrate promotion of 'Village of the Damned' in the UK?

Tony

There's a film tie-in paperback, which I assume is just a Village of the Damned cover on the standard Midwich Cuckcoos novel.

Comment

Tony

No, this has to be the American paperback, because the British Penguin edition is still called The Midwich Cuckcoos and has a black and white still from the film on the cover.

Comment

The American paperback has the longer, American version of the novel while the Penguin book is the later (by a few months), shorter version, with some significant character changes. Both versions were Region Coded (or whatever publisher call it) - so the USA tie-in novel could never be sold officially in the UK market. The Penguin paperback with the photographic cover is quite rare.

Comment

Tony

Have looked on pinterest? You'll find some things of interest there.

Comment

There are some copies of the "Village of the Damned" by John Wyndham as published by Ballantine in the US of A available on ABE books at https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sea...mned&kn=&isbn=

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
              There are some copies of the "Village of the Damned" by John Wyndham as published by Ballantine in the US of A available on ABE books at https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sea...mned&kn=&isbn=

Steve
              I've bought two in the last 12 months - I hope I'm not driving the price up.

Comment

This is the only image I have of a British 'Village of the Damned' poster.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	BritishPoster.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	56511

Comment

I've checked with the BFI - they have no posters for 'Village of the Damned' - looks like this is a genuine rarity.

Comment

Working...
                  X