Children of actresses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children of actresses.

I have been looking into the children of actresses since Jason Dors Lakes death recently. I have read that Susan Shaw has 2 children, a girl from a first marriage who was bought up by her mother who I think is herself the mother of rugby player Toby Flood and Susan a boy Mark with her second husband Bonar.

I have found out that Joan Greenwood had a son who I believe is an actor.

there are others too. Including my favourite actress Googie.

Mark Colleano appeared in quite a few TV productions in the 70's & 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by googiefan View Post
      I have been looking into the children of actresses since Jason Dors Lakes death recently. I have read that Susan Shaw has 2 children, a girl from a first marriage who was bought up by her mother who I think is herself the mother of rugby player Toby Flood and Susan a boy Mark with her second husband Bonar.

I have found out that Joan Greenwood had a son who I believe is an actor.

there are others too. Including my favourite actress Googie.
      Jason Morell is the son of Joan Greenwood and Andre Morell, he looks very much like his father and, as you suggest, he is indeed an actor.

Comment

Originally posted by wadsy View Post
        Mark Colleano appeared in quite a few TV productions in the 70's & 80's.
        I remember him in soap 'Crossroads' in the late 1970's, a very handsome young man he was as I recall.

Marje Lawrence has also appeared in Crossroads, I'm sure most people know of her daughter Sarah Greene, actress and Blue Peter presenter.

Comment

Maggie Smith's son Toby Stephens is quite a successful actor.

Comment

There must be loads of examples.
            Rachel Kempson and Vanessa, Lynn and Corin Redgrave spring to mind.

Comment

Sometimes they're not immediately apparent: Catherine Deneuve has worked a couple of times with her daughter, but she, Chiara Mastroianni, uses her fathers surname.

And I suddenly remembered one of my favourites, Sharon Gurney ("mind the doors!") who is the daughter of actress Rachel Gurney.
              Last edited by agutterfan; 8th October 2019, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Julia Lockwood daughter of Margaret.

Comment

''Children of Actresses'' is a very broad topic indeed, even if you restrict it to children who have gone into the acting profession or some other area of film-making. The OP doesn't suggest this.

Comment

Stacy and Kate Dorning are the daughters of Honor Shepherd - and Robert Dorning.

Linda Marlowe (daughter of Peter Bathurst) is the mother of director/producer Sam Emmery.

Oliver Holt, distinguished sports journalist, is the son of Eileen Derbyshire (Emily Bishop in Coronation Street).

The journalist Dan Hodges (better known to me as a newspaper reviewer on Sky News' Press Preview), is the son of Glenda Jackson.

Dan had a great rapport with his regular partner on that show but neither of them have appeared for must be more than a year. Consequently, she has rather faded in the memory. So much so that I've actually forgotten both name and face. Can someone remind me, please?
                    Last edited by cornershop15; 10th October 2019, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Prunella Scales (and Timothy West) have a son, actor and director Samuel

Comment

Frances Bennett and daughter Joanna Monro:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Frances Bennett and daughter Joanna Monro.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.2 KB ID:	78840

They played mother and daughter in the mini-seriesThe Brontës of Haworth, which I plan to watch again soon.

I love Frances. That picture is from her wedding day, to Joanna's stepfather John McMichael, on 18th March 1965 - five days before I was born. I saw her earlier this week in an episode of Village Hall, sharing some amusing scenes with Kathleen Byron. Tragically, both died at the actors' home Denville Hall.

Joanna was a TV regularin the l970s and 80s. I remember her more as a presenter (on That's Life!) than an actress but hope to catch up with her many episodes of Angels on DVD, as one of the student nurses. Didn't she play Amy Nuttall's mother in Emmerdale some years ago?

Comment

I didn’t know about Frances and Joanna. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X