Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Film Titles that are impossible when you think about it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film Titles that are impossible when you think about it...

Creatures the World Forgot (1971)

If the world had forgotten all those dinosaurs, it is rather fortunate that Hammer remembered them...

Krakatoa: East of Java is the most famous example, as it's actually West of Java.

On a slight tangent, the tile 2001: A Space Odyssey meant a futuristic romp in 1968, now it's a costume period drama!

Comment

A Taste of Fear (1961) ?

Can't say I've ever tried any myself.

Comment

• Supernova Pilbeam
        Supernova Pilbeam commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice one.
        They covered themselves by calling it "Scream of Fear" overseas. I used to love that movie, it was often on ITV as the late movie on Friday nights in 70s and 80s.

Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post
      A Taste of Fear (1961) ?

Can't say I've ever tried any myself.
      My mother in laws cooking !!

Comment

Mission Impossible:

You would think that after so many films they would have realised it was possible.

Comment

Originally posted by agutterfan View Post
          Krakatoa: East of Java is the most famous example, as it's actually West of Java.
          Yeah and a side-effect of daft titles like that is that it makes the film industry look stupid, I mean NOBODY at head office or on the production side, or the scriptwriters or the actors picked up on the oversight, duh...

Comment

Originally posted by Eyeball View Post

I mean NOBODY at head office or on the production side, or the scriptwriters or the actors picked up on the oversight, duh...
            It wasn't an oversight. The producers reckoned that 'East of Java' sounded more exotic. They thought that their audience would be ignorant of the true geography.

Comment

Originally posted by narabdela View Post

It wasn't an oversight. The producers reckoned that 'East of Java' sounded more exotic. They thought that their audience would be ignorant of the true geography.
              Okay, if the film's producers, scriptwriters and actors are happy to look stupid, I'm happy too..

Comment

The Magnificent Seven (1960) sequel Return of the Seven (1966). Hold on a minute, didn't four of them die!? (nowadays we'd probably get a zombie Western). And Vin has changed bodies, he looks more like Robert Fuller than Steve McQueen and as for Chico, Horst Buchholz has become Julian Mateos. Still, I doubt the title "Return of the Bald One, Two Imposters, and Four Gunfighters" would have fitted on a poster, let alone put bums on seats!

Mind you, I'm quite tickled by the idea of a zombie Western .
                Last edited by agutterfan; 28 July 2020, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• tv horror
                  tv horror commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Go for your dropped off hand!

"Return of the Bald One, Two Imposters, and Four Gunfighters"
                But there are two films I know of with that SORT of title. Name them, anybody.

Comment

I'm quite tickled by the idea of a zombie Western .

Consider yourself tickled.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0795505/

Comment

Originally posted by garth View Post

But there are two films I know of with that SORT of title. Name them, anybody.
                    The Cook, The Thief, His Wife & Her Lover.

Comment

• garth
                      garth commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I was thinking of 'Four Weddings and a Funeral'. There was also the comedy spoof 'Three Fights, Two Weddings and a Funeral', which you can on YouTube surely. I mean Shurly. And don't call me Garf - it rhymes with barf.

• Shirley Brahms
                      Shirley Brahms commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hmm. Perhaps you shouldn't have brought that to my attention. Think.... Limerick.

• garth
                      garth commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Careful - I'll call the police. :-(

Similar to the Krakatoa title here's two more misleading film titles. Abbot and Costello go to Mars, they don't, they go to Venus and the Rin Tin Tin film Tracked by the Police has no tracking or police in it.

Comment

Return of the Bald One, Two Imposters, and Four Gunfighters" would have fitted on a poster, let alone put bums on seats!

Mind you, I'm quite tickled by the idea of a zombie Western .
                      Billy the Kid Versus Dracula 1966, Jesse James Meets Frankensteins Daughter !!!

Comment

How can Chingachgook be 'The Last of the Mohicans' because-

"Population estimates indicated approximately 3,500 Mohican descendants in the early 21st century."
                        https://www.britannica.com/topic/Mohican

Comment

Working...
                        X