HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh

The existing thread was put in the now obsolete Off Topic Discussion, he is eligible here as he was a British Film person, being President of B.A.FT.A. between 1959-1965, he was included among the tributes of those film people we have lost during the last year, broadcast on last nights EE Bafta Film Awards 2021.

Shame that there's nothing else to be said about him that isn't already very well known or has been broadcast many tims over the last few days.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by philly View Post
      he is eligible here as he was a British Film person, being President of B.A.FT.A. between 1959-1965,

You could also say he was a British Film person who got into a few free premiere of films and not just British ones either with the rest of the family. ;)

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
      Shame that there's nothing else to be said about him that isn't already very well known or has been broadcast many times over the last few days.

Steve
      Give it time Steve,I am sure they will dig up something now that the Duke has passed.

On a sidenote relating to my post above but would the Duke be royally protected (hypothetically speaking ) if something nasty was found in his past and brought to the public eye or would the powers that be make sure it did not?

I ask that because it has not done great things for Andrew.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Bullet View Post

You could also say he was a British Film person who got into a few free premiere of films and not just British ones either with the rest of the family. ;)

Give it time Steve,I am sure they will dig up something now that the Duke has passed.

On a sidenote relating to my post above but would the Duke be royally protected (hypothetically speaking ) if something nasty was found in his past and brought to the public eye or would the powers that be make sure it did not?

I ask that because it has not done great things for Andrew.
        A pointless hypothesis. Let's just stay in the realms of reality and respect his passing.

Comment

You mean that you expect that a newspaper will make up something about him now that he’s defenceless? You can’t slander or libel the dead. Although I expect some of them will try.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post

Let's just stay in the realms of reality and respect his passing.
            Indeed and if there are anything we could come back to this thread.:D

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

Although I expect some of them will try.

Steve
            Although there has been quite a few royal scandals before just wondered if those alive will make sure it does not come out as after we are talking Royalty all is need is allegations and not proof.
            Last edited by Silver Bullet; 12 April 2021, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Indeed and if there are anything we could come back to this thread.:D
              ... or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
                ... or not.
                Indeed.:)

Comment

The Duke of Edinburgh has passed away
                  It was the news that shattered the day
                  Prince Philip was a man of great renown
                  Who showed his allegiance to the Crown
                  A man of duty till the end
                  The Queen has lost a husband, partner and friend
                  Always on time, immaculately dressed
                  Goodbye Prince Philip, in peace may you rest.

R.I.P.

Comment

Sorry for being pedantic, but the thread title, although oft repeated, is actually incorrect. The word ‘The’ is in the wrong place.

He was, HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

Comment

Working...
                    X