Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Karin Dor R.I.P.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karin Dor R.I.P.

German-born actress who appeared in several British films such as You Only Live Twice and The Face of Fu Manchu.

Thanks to Weary for the image.

Sie war Bond-Girl, trat in den "Winnetou"-Verfilmungen auf, spielte in Alfred Hitchcocks "Topas" mit. Nun ist die deutsche Schauspielerin Karin Dor im Alter von 79 Jahren gestorben.

The Guardian obituary

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...n-dor-obituary

Nick

Comment

Such a cool & beautiful Bond girl in "You Only Live Twice". R.I.P. Karin!

Comment

R.I.P. Karin.

I have seen Topaz and You Only Live Twice, on VHS recordings back in the late 1980s I think, but a film called Target for Killing caught the eye as I browsed her filmography. Her leading man was Stewart Granger and their co-stars include Rupert Davies and Klaus Kinski (both of whom would soon appear in the recently-viewed Edgar Wallace movie Five Golden Dragons). I look forward to watching this thriller on YouTube when the time is right*.

Erika Remberg, lovely Austrian actress, was also in the film and I have just learned, from that link to the film's Wikipedia page, that she died just four days after darling Karin. 2016 was considered a bad year for Entertainment deaths but if you think back to who we've lost (from Barry Norman to Roger Moore to David Cassidy last night), this has been far worse.

* "Target For Killing"(1966)

In all honesty, I don't really know Karin Dor all that well but will certainly try my best to catch up with her screen work.
        Last edited by cornershop15; 22nd November 2017, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X