Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Keith Barron RIP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Barron RIP

The BBC is announcing the death, at the age of 83, of Keith Barron.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41998040

Nick
    Last edited by Nick Dando; 15th November 2017, 03:10 PM.

Sad news. I remember him in Where the Heart Is, Take Me Home (with the yummy Maggie O'Neill) and most recently as Alan Banks' father in DCI Banks.

Comment

Originally posted by martinu View Post
      Sad news. I remember him in Where the Heart Is, Take Me Home (with the yummy Maggie O'Neill) and most recently as Alan Banks' father in DCI Banks.
      I also have fond memories of him in Take Me Home (which I have on *ahem* DVD-R), as well as the Captain in the Dr Who serial Enlightment, the two Nigel Barton plays from the 60s and so much else. R.I.P.

Comment

Actually Keith Barron, not Baron. Enjoyed him and Nigel Havers in The Good Guys.

Comment

Sad news indeed. I've always liked Keith Barron very much. Had no idea he was in his 80s!

Comment

RIP Keith Barron. First saw him with Rita Tushingham in the Comedy Playhouse pilot episode for their 1974 series, No Strings.

Comment

I always liked Keith Barron too. There's a great outtake of Keith getting cramp when in bed for a supposedly romantic scene and he had no option but to jump up out of the bed in agony.

Comment

From the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...-tv-to-the-end

Nick

Comment

I have a series of "It's Dark Outside" on DVD from the 60's & Keith Barron plays a dark character very well indeed.

He was a fine actor who was very good in everything he did, R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Odeonman View Post
                    Actually Keith Barron, not Baron. Enjoyed him and Nigel Havers in The Good Guys.
                    I liked The Good Guys too, thanks for reminding me of this. Jenny Agutter appeared in one episode. Sadly no DVD release.

Comment

The Guardian obituary

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...arron-obituary

Nick

Comment

A fine actor, loved him in many TV roles including the previously mentioned Good Guy's, The Professionals, Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased).
                        In films as the leery photographer in the Firechasers and as the doomed Dr Haynes in Nothing but the Night.

Comment

Sad to hear about this I watched the fifth series of Tales of the Unexpected - he was in an episode called A Harmless Vanity and the day after I saw it I found out he had died

Comment

A very well known TV face over the last 50 years and a fine actor who's brush has covered a very large canvas.

Comment

I remember him as Rose's Australian beau in Upstairs, Downstairs.

Comment

Working...
                              X