Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Dudley Sutton

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dudley Sutton

just read Dudley has died. RIP Dudley.

R.I.P.

Oh, no, that's terrible news ... Tinker's dead.

Comment

More sad news for Harry Fielder, who has lost several good friends in recent years. My deepest sympathies to Aitch and the rest of Dudley Sutton's friends and family.

Of the many performances I've seen, my favourite is his villain in the Thriller episode Kill Two Birds, holding tourists Gabrielle Drake and Susan Hampshire hostage, along with café owner Bob Hoskins. Funny as well as menacing! Two other roles that easily come to mind are the central character in The Human Jungle (a boxer) and a two-part episode of The Baron, as a sadistic American crew member on Reginald Marsh's ship.

I hope someone has a copy of his Live interview with Des O'Connor and Melanie Sykes they can upload (2004, according to his filmography). He was a great guest and it will bring back a happy memory of this distinctive - and very popular - British actor.

Comment

From the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-45537998

Nick

Comment

From the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...n-dies-aged-85

Nick

Comment

So sad.Such a god character actor

Comment

Sad news. Loved his performance as Stanley Coulter in The Boys particularly his facial expression as the judge dons the black cap and passes sentence.

R.I .P.

Comment

Dudley was one of my all time favourite character actors and one of the all time greats of the business.
                Wonderful in The Boys and The Devils and Crossplot.
                Loved him on TV in The Sweeney, The Beiderbecke's and of course as Tinker in Lovejoy.
                RIP

Comment

R.I.P. Dudley......

As well as his excellent acting in 'The Boys', he was also quite a character in 'The Leather boys' (along with Colin Campbell, another passing this year).

Comment

He did a R4 programme some years ago, possibly based on his stage show, where he said that he was one of Roger Moore's favourite people to beat up in The Saint - evidently much liked and well thought òf as a reliable presence.

Comment

The Guardian obituary

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...n-dies-aged-85

Nick

Comment

Just drawing your attention to something in the Guardian obit: Gary Kemp of Spandau Ballet's tweet on the subject.

"Spandau Ballet musician and actor Gary Kemp added: “Farewell Dudley Sutton. One of our greats and a charming man. Another one of Joan Littlewood’s brood of amazing actors leaves us.”"

Nice, and unexpected.

Comment

Sorry to read this. Another great actor. He was brilliant in George and Mildred The Movie as the lead biker.
                          R.I.P. Dudley Sutton.

Comment

Did he play a Ted in that episode of Minder where there was an Elvis impersonator used to make some 'demos' that they were auctioning for big money? Or has my memory mixed him up with another actor? The IMDB doesn't mention Minder.

Comment

Who could forget his turn in
                              The Island (1980). Oposite M. Caine . Rip .
                              Last edited by AlecLeamas; 18th September 2018, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X