Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Ruth Pearson R.I.P

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruth Pearson R.I.P

Not sure if this is the correct thread, or whether it has been mentioned elsewhere, but I thought some might be interested. Daily Mirror report today giving the sad news that one of Pans People has passed away, I am sure this will upset quite a few members, thinking principally of Cornershop.

By JOE NERSSESSIAN
    RUTH Pearson, one of the founding members of Top Of The Pops dance troupe Pan’s People, has died at the age of 70.

Pearson, who formed the group with Flick Colby, Babs Lord, Louise Clarke, Dee Dee Wilde and Andi Rutherford in 1966, lost her cancer fight on Tuesday.

Wilde said: “She had a wicked sense of humour, ‘joie de vivre’ by the bucket loads and, when partying, never let the side down by having one drink too few.”

Telling how she met her pal last week for lunch, she went on: “Afterwards, Ruth insisted we went back to her home in Wimbledon to enjoy a glass of champagne and a slice of cake.”

Pan’s People last appeared on TOTP in April 1976, dancing to Silver Star by The Four Seasons.
Working...
X