John Richardson (1934-2021) RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Richardson (1934-2021) RIP

John Richardson, British Actor in 'She' and 'One Million Years B.C.,' Dies of COVID-19 at 86.

He also starred alongside Barbara Steele in Mario Bava's 'Black Sunday' and screen-tested to play James Bond.

The Hollywood Reporter
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...covid-19-at-86

Sad news that he was taken by this awful virus. .John Richardson was a sensational looking guy who made his mark at Hammer in the 60's.
    He & Ursula Andress looked the perfect couple in "She".
    I always had the impression that the oft dubbed actor was held back somewhat by his rather soft, light voice.
    R.I.P!

Comment

He had an early uncredited role as a valet in a horse drawn carriage in A Night to Remember in 1958.

Comment

I bet this would be an interesting read.

Comment

Originally posted by wadsy View Post
          Sad news that he was taken by this awful virus. .John Richardson was a sensational looking guy who made his mark at Hammer in the 60's.
          He & Ursula Andress looked the perfect couple in "She".
          I always had the impression that the oft dubbed actor was held back somewhat by his rather soft, light voice.
          R.I.P!
          It took me a long time to realise it, but John's voice in She was provided by David Spenser.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post

It took me a long time to realise it, but John's voice in She was provided by David Spenser.
            ....& in "The Vengeance of She" he was dubbed by the more recognisable but totally unsuitable (imo) voice of David de Keyser!
            It must have been so frustrating for Richardson having to be dubbed so much.
            Last edited by wadsy; 23 February 2021, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Always interested in john’s career since he was born in Worthing,where I live...recent career data very sketchy,appeared to have become a photographer ..was in Sapphire(59)early cafe scene but you’ve got to be quick...

Comment

Working...
              X