Villain at 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Villain at 50

The BFI is celebrating the 50th birthday of Villain.

https://www.bfi.org.uk/features/rich...london-villain

I’ve bought this on Amazon download. It’s a great film.

Comment

The robbery scenes were filmed just down the road from the ICL BRA01 tower block in Bracknell where I used to work. Things have changed quite a bit: the factory where the robbery took place was demolished and rebuilt by the time I worked there, and has since been rebuilt again, I believe. ICL's tower block was half-built at the time of filming.

Comment

I also worked at BRA01 in the computer room back in 1986-7 as a contractor. A couple of people I knew from Woolworths were unlucky to be working at Racal next door.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Dando View Post
          I also worked at BRA01 in the computer room back in 1986-7 as a contractor. A couple of people I knew from Woolworths were unlucky to be working at Racal next door.
          Ah, you were there just before I started in 1989. I remember the computer room with its first-floor gallery looking over it. There were just a few computer "wardrobes" and "spin driers" by that time, and those were eventually moved to somewhere in the basement: I found the room as I was trying to find the room where the fire-safes were to add the next week's backup tapes for the product my team was developing. My final role at ICL was in that gallery, looking over what was now a huge empty room. It had been used briefly for a computer exhibition in the 90s, but apart from that it was never used.

Comment

Bracknell seemed (briefly) to be one of the go to places for film makers in the late sixties, early seventies.
            I Start Counting and The Offence were shot there around the same time.

Comment

Working...
            X