Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

The Whisperers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Whisperers

this is a great film. I would love to see a British DVD release. I have it on region 1 but no longer have a multi region DVD player. It isn’t available to download on Amazon either. Why is this so hard to get hold of? Could the BFI not release it. It is British after all.

It's one of my absolute favourites too. The best in social realism which only someone like Bryan Forbes could create. Although I don't have box-office figures to hand I would imagine its short-lived premiere UK run at the huge one-screen re-modernised Odeon Marble Arch in 1967 was due to its Critics' Circle word-of-mouth quality more suited to 20th Century-Fox's type of venue such as the Carlton or Rialto. United Artists' only similar spot would have been the London Pavilion but the 60s were wall-to-wall James Bond and western favourites there.

Comment

Thanks for that . I do hope it gets a release in DVD soon

Comment

Yes, one of my favourites as well. Strangely enough, I have just checked my records and find that I don't seem to have a copy of it. I'm sure that it was on TV a number of years ago, so I would have normally made a copy. I transferred my rare VHS films on to DVD-R, so it could still be lurking on an old VHS tape in the bottom of a box somewhere !.

Comment

I still can’t believe it isn’t out on DVD except on region 1

Comment

Working...
          X