Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Trainspotting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trainspotting

I think "Trainspotting" is one of my favorite British film. Style , story, actors...all movie elements are great.

Yes, was amazing at the time. Great juke-box soundtrack, too!

Comment

Originally posted by sunshine793 View Post
      I think "Trainspotting" is one of my favorite British film. Style , story, actors...all movie elements are great.
      Any thoughts on the sequel? I haven't seen it yet but I have heard some mixed reviews

Comment

Originally posted by John Hamilton View Post

Any thoughts on the sequel? I haven't seen it yet but I have heard some mixed reviews
        For what it's worth, these are my thoughts on the sequel from the Watched Last Night thread:

11th June 2017, 09:00 PM
        T2 Trainspotting (2017). Engaging sequel with Begbie (Robert Carlyle) out of prison and out for revenge against Renton (Ewan McGregor) for the money he pinched in the first film. Ewen Bremner and Jonny Lee Miller are back as Spud and Sick Boy (Simon) and the writing and direction are again in the hands of John Hodge (after Irvine Welsh) and Danny Boyle. The violence and grossness is reduced, but the language just as, well, expressive as before, and there's raw drama, poignancy and humour. The stunning effect of the first film can't be repeated and the political polemic spouted by McGregor is one scene seems quite dated, but it's good to catch up with these guys again, though the rich colours of Edinburgh locations I think owes more to post-production than reality of the Auld Reekie of my birth!

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post

For what it's worth, these are my thoughts on the sequel from the Watched Last Night thread:

11th June 2017, 09:00 PM
          T2 Trainspotting (2017). Engaging sequel with Begbie (Robert Carlyle) out of prison and out for revenge against Renton (Ewan McGregor) for the money he pinched in the first film. Ewen Bremner and Jonny Lee Miller are back as Spud and Sick Boy (Simon) and the writing and direction are again in the hands of John Hodge (after Irvine Welsh) and Danny Boyle. The violence and grossness is reduced, but the language just as, well, expressive as before, and there's raw drama, poignancy and humour. The stunning effect of the first film can't be repeated and the political polemic spouted by McGregor is one scene seems quite dated, but it's good to catch up with these guys again, though the rich colours of Edinburgh locations I think owes more to post-production than reality of the Auld Reekie of my birth!
          Interesting, thanks Gerald, its on my list, I'll get round to it one day. I haven't heard the term Auld Reekie for a long time!

Comment

Mark Renton (from the first 'Trainspotting'): It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete arseholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and ALL the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference!

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
              Mark Renton (from the first 'Trainspotting'): It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete arseholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and ALL the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference!

Steve
              He has a point

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

Steve
                This has to be up there with my favourite lines in a film, ever! Never read the book, so I have no idea if it features in print, but the writing is so sharp and the delivery is impeccable... classic.

Comment

I enjoyed the original at the time, but the remake I'm not struck on.

Comment

Working...
                  X