Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • agutterfan
    • Jan 2017

Gerry & Sylvia Anderson

Have just posted a tribute to them and their shows on my blog, http://www.agutterfan.com/2021/05/fa...on-worlds.html. FAB! Hope you like it.
  • tv horror
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by agutterfan
    Have just posted a tribute to them and their shows on my blog, http://www.agutterfan.com/2021/05/fa...on-worlds.html. FAB! Hope you like it.
    Very informative, I have to say that Sylvia Anderson WAS Lady Penelope I've never seen a puppet that captured a likeness so well. On a side note my older brother used to torture me with the theme from Torchy The Battery Boy, we slept in the same room and every morning he would keep singing this over and over to get me up for School! Fun times.

Comment

• agutterfan
      • Jan 2017

Just for you tv horror.

Comment

• tv horror
        tv horror commented
        Editing a comment
        You fiend! Now I'll have nightmares of my school days.
    • agutterfan
      • Jan 2017

As I recently bought the DVD cheaply, I've reviewed whole series of Space Precinct on my blog, http://www.agutterfan.com/2021/06/sp...e-1994-95.html, with individual episode analyses too. Hope you like it.

Comment

• tv horror
        tv horror commented
        Editing a comment
        While not a huge fan of the series I'll give it a look see, one more thing a group of local fans here in Belfast brought out a comic of the series.
    • Tigon Man
      • Jan 2017

I've been watching the re runs of Space 1999 on the Horror Channel.
      Great fun, despite some dud stories and the wonderfully wooden acting and off set diva behaviour of Barbara Bain.
      Barry Morse (who played Victor Bergman) had little if any praise for Gerry and Sylvia , calling them mindless stupid people, to quote Robert Sellers excellent, Cult TV The Golden Age of ITC.

Comment

• Gerald Lovell
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Tigon Man
        I've been watching the re runs of Space 1999 on the Horror Channel.
        Great fun, despite some dud stories and the wonderfully wooden acting and off set diva behaviour of Barbara Bain.
        Barry Morse (who played Victor Bergman) had little if any praise for Gerry and Sylvia , calling them mindless stupid people, to quote Robert Sellers excellent, Cult TV The Golden Age of ITC.
        It used to amuse me when Martin Landau declared the latest threat an "extreme emergency". When is an emergency not?

Comment

• tv horror
          tv horror commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't panic...DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
      • GBH
        • Aug 2019

Been watching Space 1999 reruns.

What absolute tripe.

Comment

• Silver Bullet
          • Feb 2020

Originally posted by GBH
          Been watching Space 1999 reruns.

What absolute tripe.
          I would not say it was "tripe" this is a classic 1970's series.

What were you expecting then?

Comment

• Eric7885
            • Mar 2017

Space 1999, absolute tripe! Each to their opinion. I enjoy this telly program when it was televised. Especially Barbara Bain and Martin Landau who were the main actors in this series. I remember Martin Landau from Alfred Hitchcock’s film, North by Northwest also starring James Mason , Leo G. Carrol, and Cary Grant. As I recall, Barbara Bain and Martin Landau we’re married for many years.
            Last edited by Eric7885; 1 July 2021, 03:47 PM. Reason: Information

Comment

• narabdela
              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Silver Bullet

I would not say it was "tripe" this is a classic 1970's series.
              There are many classic 1970's series. Space 1999 isn't one of them. It was tripe then . It's tripe now.

I've been a Science Fiction fan for over fifty years. This nonsense was an acute embarrassment.

Comment

• Silver Bullet
                • Feb 2020

Originally posted by narabdela

There are many classic 1970's series. Space 1999 isn't one of them. It was tripe then . It's tripe now.

I've been a Science Fiction fan for over fifty years. This nonsense was an acute embarrassment.
                If you are truly a fan of sci-f for that amount of time than all I can say is your an embarrassment for even thinking that.

Comment

• narabdela
                  narabdela commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What a very silly post. It doesn’t make any sense and is grammatically incorrect.
              • Eric7885
                • Mar 2017

Further investigation on my part. Space 1999 was televised in 14 different countries when it was released. Possibly more countries. So if this program was considered tripe, as one viewer has said, he is welcome to his opinion. Others have disagreed with you.
                Last edited by Eric7885; 3 July 2021, 03:39 PM. Reason: Information

Comment

• narabdela
                  narabdela commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think two of us have said it Kevin.
              • Nick Dando
                Super Moderator
                • Dec 2016

An article from the Guardian about a new documentary on Gerry Anderson's life that's been produced by his son, Jamie.

Comment

• Nick Dando
                  Super Moderator
                  • Dec 2016

Here's an extended article to that published in the print version of RadioTimes about the new documentary that is going to be broadcast on Brit Box.

What drove producer Gerry Anderson to entertain the world? A personal and moving new BritBox special made by his son Jamie is about to reveal all.

Comment

• garth
                    • Nov 2018

I remember seeing this affectionate spoof on the Thunderbirds series live at some London theatre back in the 1990s, I think it was. It was funny and imaginative, and a lot was done with very little. It made the bare stage come alive. Did anybody else see it? I was impressed by how they managed to walk like puppets on strings.

THUNDERBIIRDS - FAB "The Next Generation"

Comment

Working...