Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Prime Suspect 1973

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Suspect 1973

Just caught up on the first two episodes of this drama, it seems very good so far, with twists and turns, and Jane Tennyson as a young, new recruit to the Police force.

Geraldine Somerville plays mum, she's a favourite, as is Ruth Sheen.

I was surprised they were given cigarettes in the Mortuary to block out the smell of a deceased body, I think these days some sort of white gel is placed below the nostrils.

Originally posted by Mark O View Post
    I was surprised they were given cigarettes in the Mortuary to block out the smell of a deceased body, I think these days some sort of white gel is placed below the nostrils.
    Maybe it was before they invented the white gel in 1973?

Steve

Comment

The white gel might only be Vicks VapoRub or Menthol Camphor. This Survivalist Forum has some interesting replies....
      What is that stuff morticians use? Disaster Preparedness General Discussion

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

Maybe it was before they invented the white gel in 1973?

Steve
        Could be, I've no idea when the white gel was invented, the thing is that's what I've seen them do on modern day dramas.

The marine-green Hillman Hunter is in poor condition for a car about a year old, the paint on the doors don't match the rest of the bodywork, a shoddy respray.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
          The white gel might only be Vicks VapoRub or Menthol Camphor. This Survivalist Forum has some interesting replies....
          Thanks for the link Shirley, some interesting posts there, I can't say I'm aware of what a deceased human body smells like (unpleasant, when decay sets in, I would think), but I've learned the airborne particles remain in the nose for weeks.

Comment

That's a scary site. To think that some idiots actually believe that sort of nonsense.

Steve

Comment

That's a scary site. To think that some idiots actually believe that sort of nonsense.

Steve
              Yes it is a scary site, but what parts do you think are nonsense? I only looked at the page about the gel.

Comment

Yes it is a scary site, but what parts do you think are nonsense? I only looked at the page about the gel.
                It's nonsense being a survivalist and thinking that you will survive any disaster better than anyone else

Steve

Comment

It's nonsense being a survivalist and thinking that you will survive any disaster better than anyone else.

Steve
                  I've taken a quick glance around the site and I see what you mean. Having been a Girl Guide, also an Akela, I believe strongly in "Be Prepared", but in extreme circumstances there's not much you can do better than anyone else to be prepared.

Comment

I've taken a quick glance around the site and I see what you mean. Having been a Girl Guide, also an Akela, I believe strongly in "Be Prepared", but in extreme circumstances there's not much you can do better than anyone else to be prepared.

I had to look 'Akela' up lol, means a leader of Cub Scouts (I was never in them myself, always a loner)

As for 'surviving', one thing I do know is if you find yourself on fire, collapse and roll over and over, also always look for an exit route when in a crowded place

Comment

I had to look 'Akela' up lol, means a leader of Cub Scouts (I was never in them myself, always a loner)

As for 'surviving', one thing I do know is if you find yourself on fire, collapse and roll over and over, also always look for an exit route when in a crowded place
                      dyb dyb dyb, Mark

....now look that up!

Comment

dyb dyb dyb, Mark

....now look that up!

Lol, I know of the saying, it means 'do your best', cubs are meant to respond 'dob, dob, dob', though it's not officially been used since 1967 (I did look it up)

Comment

Lol, I know of the saying, it means 'do your best', cubs are meant to respond 'dob, dob, dob', though it's not officially been used since 1967 (I did look it up)
                          1967 - I didn't know that. I wonder what year Wolf Cubs became Cub Scouts, and Girl Guides became Girls Scouts.

Comment

Working...
                          X