Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Freeview -Talking Pictures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carl V View Post

Sorry Gerald, you mean they just left the film unfinished? That's incredible. Sounds like the TPTV schedulers don't have a clue about the running time of the films they show. You'd think they would just run their following programmes a little late, or even (heaven forbid) cut back on the adverts.
    Yes, the film was left unfinished and sadly, it was not an isolated occurrence.

Comment

Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post
      Caught Say Hello to Yesterday (1971) on LondonLive this time and now know what TPtv did to it,They showed it without the first 40mins of the film as there was no beginning credits on TPtv showing (no wonder it was soshort lol ) but LondonLive showed it complete thank goodness
      So not only are TPtv knocking off a film before it has finished, now reading back through previous posts, it also appears they start a film about a third of the way into it! This is very bizarre and gives me the impression the channel has staff who haven't a clue what they're doing.

I very rarely ever watch TPtv in all honesty, and fair play to them for at least showing films that no other channel seem to do (even if it has been butchered completely), but if this is the way they treat viewers - on top of the 'blurring' censoring they also seem to adopt, I'm only surprised anybody bothers to watch it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post

Yes, the film was left unfinished and sadly, it was not an isolated occurrence.
        I have watched and recorded hundreds of films on TPTV and have never come across this.

Comment

Originally posted by Odeonman View Post

I have watched and recorded hundreds of films on TPTV and have never come across this.
          Same here -sounds like some localized transmission anomaly -anyway to the brickbats now starting to fly in TP's direction ..lets not kill the goose that laid the golden egg eh?..nobody is paying a subscription for it

Comment

Don't get me wrong: I am a great follower of TPTV and having been watching the channel since the day it started. However, it is only fair to point out issues which they clearly have had with scheduling and transmission matters.

Comment

I have been recording films from Talking Pictures since it started and not once have I experienced these problems.Its a great channel but whybdid they have to buy such rubbish Fox films.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
                i've been watching the re-runs of Spooks (AKA MI-5) on London Live and last night I also caught (& recorded) For Queen & Country (1988) starring Denzil Washington as an ex-paratrooper returning to his old stomping ground in London. What I've seen of it so far looks quite good

Steve
                I too have been watching Spooks on London Live having never seen it the first time round . What a brilliant series.

Comment

I have an amazon Fire stick and would love Talking pictures to have an app on there so I can watch it. I wouldn’t mind paying for it.

Comment

Originally posted by cassidy View Post

I too have been watching Spooks on London Live having never seen it the first time round . What a brilliant series.
                    When Spooks was first shown it was exciting, very disturbing stuff because it seemed to tally with what was going on in the world at the time....a thoroughly good show, well done IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert Quark View Post

When Spooks was first shown it was exciting, very disturbing stuff because it seemed to tally with what was going on in the world at the time....a thoroughly good show, well done IMHO.
                      I always liked the way that they were never afraid to kill off their leading characters, all except Harry Pearce (Peter Firth) who seems to survive all of the mayhem

Steve

Comment

Back in the day I did some work on "SPOOKS". All filmed in Birmingham of course, with a lot of Green-Screen, to show London.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheum View Post
                          I have been recording films from Talking Pictures since it started and not once have I experienced these problems.Its a great channel but whybdid they have to buy such rubbish Fox films.
                          For what it's worth, localised transmission issues or no, recent films that went out of sync in their latter stages include Golden Salamander and Meet Me Tonight.

Comment

I w!a tch and record on Sky and occasionally I get pixellation.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheum View Post
                              I w!a tch and record on Sky and occasionally I get pixellation.
                              Then check your system, possibly the connections - its a sat system, so there should be no problem with signal strength.

Comment

Sometimes we just ?oose the signal for a minute or two.It is an old system

Comment

Working...
                                X