Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Ghost singers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost singers

This is about people like Marni Nixon who provided the singing voices for actors on screen. There were many of them, mostly uncredited.

http://bbc.in/1aeUxZZ

Thanks for the link Zither! If I get a chance I will have a look (and listen) to that. Marni Nixon was amazing and of course Andrew Gold's mum too.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyKat View Post
      Thanks for the link Zither! If I get a chance I will have a look (and listen) to that. Marni Nixon was amazing and of course Andrew Gold's mum too.
      I didn't know the last bit!

Comment

Originally posted by zither View Post

I didn't know the last bit!
        Yeah, I only found out a few years ago. He predeceased her, sadly. I think he was only 59 when he passed on and she passed on fairly recently I think?

Comment

She died a few weeks ago, I think.

Comment

An interesting subject.
            For the Brits, Diana Coupland springs to mind, singing for Ursula Andress in Dr No.

Comment

Kat,
              Do you know if Barry Warren did any singing, ghostly or otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post
                Kat,
                Do you know if Barry Warren did any singing, ghostly or otherwise?
                He's never sung in anything I've seen him in yet, possibly on the stage he did? I have seen him dance though, beautifully (assuming it wasn't a double) in The Kiss Of The Vampire, and there is evidence to suggest he mayalso an artist who produced a number of paintings, so it wouldn't surprise me if he could sing too. He also read stories for Radio 4 in the late 70s.

My lovely was a very talented person!!!

Comment

He sang as Feste on stage - rather well, by all accounts!

Comment

An interesting subject.
                    For the Brits, Diana Coupland springs to mind, singing for Ursula Andress in Dr No.
                    I didn't know about that. Somehow I thought it was the kind of thing that we wouldn't do!

Comment

An interesting subject.
                      I never knew that she could sing. I tend to think of her only as Sid James's wife in Bless This House. I wonder if in the UK we would at least be up front about a ghost singer and credit them, rather than perpetuating the idea that the starring actress could sing sufficiently well.

Comment

Originally posted by zither View Post
                        This is about people like Marni Nixon who provided the singing voices for actors on screen. There were many of them, mostly uncredited.

http://bbc.in/1aeUxZZ
                        She did a really good job subbing for Natalie Wood in West Side Story!

Comment

And Deborah Kerr - you couldn't imagine two people more different from each other!

Comment

Working...
                          X