Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Out of the Unknown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of the Unknown

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but does anybody know if I can buy just one disc of a T.V series as I snapped a disc of Out of the Unknown trying to get it out of the case. The series was quite expensive and I don't want to have to buy the whole lot again

Originally posted by Tina Annette View Post
    I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but does anybody know if I can buy just one disc of a T.V series as I snapped a disc of Out of the Unknown trying to get it out of the case. The series was quite expensive and I don't want to have to buy the whole lot again
    I would suggest a site like eBay, or another auction site. Someone on there might be offering just one disc

Steve

Comment

Thank you Steve I will try that

Comment

You must have used some force to snap a disc - I couldn't do that if I tried ! - good luck with getting a replacement.

Comment

I don't think I used an unreasonable amount of force- there have been other times I had trouble getting discs out of the case and didn't crack them. Not finding any on eBay I wondered if there was a way of contacting the company that put the DVD out to enquire if they had any replacements but I googled and can't find anything
          Last edited by Tina Annette; 6th April 2017, 08:16 AM.

Comment

If you still have the cracked DVD there is a possibility they will replace it for you for nothing, once you find out whoever 'they' are. DVD/CD manufacturers have been very good in the past for taking responsibility for their product. . and I think they recognise that some disks can turn out to be brittle. Obviously your first port of call is where you actually bought it from, but failing that, if you could find the actual disk manu then they might be willing to replace it? As the BFI is near London the disks could have been made by DELUXE in the West or SONY in the East..but that is only a rough guide as they could have been made in Germany?
            Last edited by Bert Quark; 6th April 2017, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X