Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Brit tv comedy quiz.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chillingfilmania View Post

Do not know his name. He is appearing in One Foot In the Algarve on the right.
    Actor Eamonn Walker

In The Bill, played up-himself PC Malcom Haynes who was best friends with PC Pete Ramsay. Blamed Tosh Lines for Ramsay's (unconfirmed) death during a bank holdup. Told Lines he was a waste of space.

Comment

Originally posted by Euryale View Post
      Wait a bit! I haven't had a full answer to my question yet!

E.
      Sorry about that. I do not know the full answer. Is any one else guessing. You may have to reveal.

Comment

Now who is this actor and in which tv comedy show was he appearing in each instance?
        These types of quizes are usually limited to one image (unless further hints are required) and one program/one actor. Actor has been answered, one clip has been identified.

show and two leads.
        Click image for larger version Name:	$.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.1 KB ID:	45061
        You should wait until the previous question has been acknowledged as answered correctly.

So, let's put this one to bed early - cast shots are too obvious - As Time Goes By. Geoffrey Palmer and Judi Dench.

Need to get some emblance of organistaion/continuity if you want to attract members to participate in these types of threads.
        Last edited by arthur linden-jones; 20th November 2017, 12:57 AM.

Comment

I misunderstood what Euryale said. Reason I apologized. Take over then if you think you can create and run these games any better. There was to my knowledge not a game or quiz on this forum before I came
          Last edited by chillingfilmania; 20th November 2017, 03:20 AM.

Comment

There was to my knowledge not a game or quiz on this forum before I came
            Prior to moving to the current new hosting service, as a result of which the forum had to be "re-created", there was a rich lengthy history of identical quizzes which flowed from an ordered process of contributions from any members of the forum

Take over then if you think you can create and run these games any better.
            No one single person owns, runs or controls any thread in this forum. They're all open to contribution from every/anyone based on an understanding of an ordered and logic flow of contributions.

That's just how it worked so well in the past. Simply FYI, that's all.

Comment

Take over then if you think you can create and run these games any better.
              You aren't "running" them if anyone can (in turn) ask a question

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post

These types of quizes are usually limited to one image (unless further hints are required) and one program/one actor. Actor has been answered, one clip has been identified.

You should wait until the previous question has been acknowledged as answered correctly.

No, my question has not been answered correctly. As I posed it I consider myself the arbiter of the response required. Which was, incidentally, Eamonn Walker in In Sickness and in Health and One Foot in the Grave/One Foot in the Algarve.

Now, if anybody can just take it upon themself to decide that a question has been answered without any reference to the member who posted that question, then we will descend into the very chaos you are seeking to avoid.

Furthermore, telling people what they should or should not post seems rather contradictory to your own statement "No one single person owns, runs or controls any thread in this forum."

Perhaps rigidity might put people off joining in as much as not waiting to take your proper turn.

E.

Comment

I've played many games and quizzes that Chilly has created, they usually flow really well with just a few simple rules, he's the best Quiz Master i've ever known

Comment

Originally posted by Ella View Post
                    I've played many games and quizzes that Chilly has created, they usually flow really well with just a few simple rules, he's the best Quiz Master i've ever known
                    As mentioned above, historically quizzes are never run nor owned by a single person in this forum, there is no "quiz master". It might be more appropriate to set up a separate forum if that's the type of enterprise intended.

Comment

'Quiz Master' is what we affectionately know Chilly by! And i don't recall Chilly saying he 'owned anything '!

Comment

'Quiz Master' is what we affectionately know Chilly by! And i don't recall Chilly saying he 'owned anything '!
                        He said:
                        I misunderstood what Euryale said. Reason I apologized. Take over then if you think you can create and run these games any better. There was to my knowledge not a game or quiz on this forum before I came
                        Saying that he runs them implies "ownership"

Steve

Comment

No, my question has not been answered correctly. As I posed it I consider myself the arbiter of the response required.
                          Agreed, never in question. The historical way in which quiz threads have always been run in this forum

Which was, incidentally, Eamonn Walker in In Sickness and in Health and One Foot in the Grave/One Foot in the Algarve.
                          Part 1 as answered by me, part 2 just given away by yourself, and part 3 answered by chillingfilmania

Now, if anybody can just take it upon themself to decide that a question has been answered without any reference to the member who posted that question, then we will descend into the very chaos you are seeking to avoid.
                          No argument, never in question. The poser of a question is the sole arbiter, and it is appropriate and proper protocol to decide whether it has been answered, and to whom the baton for the next question should be handed. Hence obviating the need for a "quiz master".

Furthermore, telling people what they should or should not post seems rather contradictory to your own statement "No one single person owns, runs or controls any thread in this forum."
                          Except in the case of offering guidance in the proper etiquette usually expected in historically well established protocols in quiz-type threads in this forum. Otherwise, a separate forum might be more appropriate.

Comment

I disagree, a person can run a shop, that doesn't mean they own it.

Comment

I disagree, a person can run a shop, that doesn't mean they own it.
                              You're entitled to your opinion. But we aren't talking about shops, we're talking about a quiz

Steve

Comment

It's the same thing, to run something does not mean a person owns it. Anyway it's only a quiz, if there's this much fuss i shall not participate again..

Comment

Working...
                                X