Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Brit tv comedy quiz.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ella View Post
      I disagree, a person can run a shop, that doesn't mean they own it.
      Run and/or own, it doesn't matter - neither happens/applies for quizzes in this forum. Everyone simply just participates.

Comment

Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post

Run and/or own, it doesn't matter - neither happens/applies for quizzes in this forum. Everyone simply just participates.
        If only that were true

But some people seem to think that they own or run a quiz just because they started it. And they keep pressing people to answer quickly, ignoring the fact that not everyone comes here 24/7

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post

Agreed, never in question. The historical way in which quiz threads have always been run in this forum

Part 1 as answered by me, part 2 just given away by yourself, and part 3 answered by chillingfilmania

No argument, never in question. The poser of a question is the sole arbiter, and it is appropriate and proper protocol to decide whether it has been answered, and to whom the baton for the next question should be handed. Hence obviating the need for a "quiz master".

Except in the case of offering guidance in the proper etiquette usually expected in historically well established protocols in quiz-type threads in this forum. Otherwise, a separate forum might be more appropriate.

I gave the full answer because nobody seemed interested in further clues, so I decided to end it. My post - my privilege, I guess.

As to "proper etiquette" - well, I'd say we all have our own ideas of what that should entail including above and beyond this quiz. I don't see how having an extra image or part to a question is some terrible aberration - or even a minor one, come to that. Nor will I.

Neither of us are likely to change our minds, so I suggest we draw a line under this conversation.

E.

Comment

I came here looking for a quiz.

Blimey.

Comment

Rising Damp. I can watch it again and again, Miss Jones and Rigsby, a real classic also Benny Hill show. These were the Cream

Comment

Comment

Comment

The post directly above.....2 point 4 Children?

Name this sitcom:

Comment

The Gnomes of Dulwich?

Comment

Well done, Tyne. The first TV sitcom to be broadcast in colour. Over to you for the next one?.......

Comment

Plus ├ža change .....

Comment

Originally posted by Tonch View Post
                            The post directly above.....2 point 4 Children?

Name this sitcom:

Yep .2 point 4 Children it is

Comment

Working...
                            X