Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Feud Bette and Joan BBC2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feud Bette and Joan BBC2

Just about the best series I've seen on TV for ages. It's the story of the making of Whatever Happened To Baby Jane and the long running feud between Joan Crawford and Bette Davis. Great acting from Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon in the two main roles with Stanley Tucci as Jack Warner and Alfred Molina as Robert Aldrich. Next two parts on Saturday 23rd from 9pm followed by Whatever Happened To Baby Jane. If you missed the first two parts get them on catch up.

Great acting in the documentary by Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon. Shame it was about two such unimpressive old broads. Bette & Joan thought that they were both gods gift to acting. Sadly they were both mistaken (IMHO), they were both pig-ugly as well (again IMHO)

Steve

Comment

^

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
      Random insults against someone who can't defend himself and can't answer back...
      22nd September 2017, 12:58 AM

Comment

Originally posted by jamal.nazreddin View Post
        ^

22nd September 2017, 12:58 AM
        That looks like an unrelated comment, unless you meant that my comment was a random insult. It wasn’t, it was just a personal opinion - like all comments are here

Steve

Comment

Apparently, Olivia de Havilland is suing the makers of this over the way she has been portrayed.

Comment

I sometimes think Margaret Lockwood was grooming herself after Joan Crawford in the late 40s.

Comment

Working...
            X