Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

TV censoring of cinema films.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orpheum View Post
    In any event how often do we see the full uncut version of any film eg Last Tango In Paris
    When the OPA (Obscene Publications Act) was extended to cover films a few years later BBFC censor James Ferman waived the cinema cut, and all post-1978 releases (including TV showings) have been the fully uncut version.

Comment

I watched The Scarlet Thread yesterday with Sydney Tafler and Lawrence \Harvey. I am sure that I have seen it before but with a different ending. It seems to me that I remember the two of them being shot by police at the end but it looked like the ending yesterday was cut short in a very amateur way. According to a book that I have on British films by David Quinlan they are shot so it looks like the TV censor was at it again.

Comment

Originally posted by cassidy View Post
        I watched The Scarlet Thread yesterday with Sydney Tafler and Lawrence \Harvey. I am sure that I have seen it before but with a different ending. It seems to me that I remember the two of them being shot by police at the end but it looked like the ending yesterday was cut short in a very amateur way. According to a book that I have on British films by David Quinlan they are shot so it looks like the TV censor was at it again.
        The sudden ending has been mentioned before - was it jumping over a gap between buildings that was lined up in the plot but not shown?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post

The sudden ending has been mentioned before - was it jumping over a gap between buildings that was lined up in the plot but not shown?
          I thought that they ran through the door, up the stairs and were cornered and shot by the police. But in the copy shown on Talking Pictures they go through the door and are never seen again. As you say Gerald, sudden ending is the perfect description.

Comment

Some really weird goings-on here. There should be a censor to censor censors' censoring.

Comment

Obviously they've got no censor humour !

Comment

Originally posted by cassidy View Post
                Obviously they've got no censor humour !
                Groan ...........

Comment

Been watching some eps of The Sweeney (ITV4) and boy are these badly edited/censored for afternoon tv for violence/bad language/nudity and non PC rubbish.

So I thought I would record the later screenings to see if they would be uncut but no they are very same edited/censored screenings as before Grrrrrrrr

Comment

Working...
                  X