Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

TV censoring of cinema films.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand it was the first Royal Performance Film to carry an 'X' certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by narabdela View Post

Her Majesty has four children.
      Yeah but like he said .Her Majesty does not approve of nudity ...!

Comment

Her Majesty probably insisted that Philip turned all the lights off so she didn't see anyhing naughty when he did delivered the goods .....

Comment

Originally posted by julian_craster View Post
          Her Majesty probably insisted that Philip turned all the lights off so she didn't see anyhing naughty when he did delivered the goods .....
          Philip delivered the goods by Royal Male..................Hehehehehehehehehehehe

Comment

This thread just went down (Benny) Hill.

Comment

While watching the excellent 1968 film The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie on Talking Pictures TV last night, I was amazed to see that the nude scene with Pamela Franklin was left completely unblurred. Mr Blurry must have been away from the controls having his supper.

This scene was edited out for the film's Royal Film Performance ...Her Majesty does not approve of nudity ...!
              Well, there certainly was a "Her Majesty" at the 1969 Royal Film Performance, but not Queen Elizabeth II. The event was attended by HM The Queen Mother, HRH Princess Margaret, HRH Prince Michael of Kent and HRH Princess Alexandra of Kent.

Comment

I have never known that scene to be blurred.Pamela Franklin retired from acting a few years later.

Comment

In Lili Marlene (cert U) this morning on TPTV, a big blob (not a blur) appeared in a scene between Hugh McDermott and Lisa Daniely for no apparent reason....it was not because of poor print quality ....who is doing this, and what is their agenda ?
                  Countries which have heavily censored films in the past include Ireland, Spain, Middle Eastern states, and others with an ultra conservative religious agenda ! The UK should not follow...
                  Last edited by julian_craster; 29th January 2018, 10:14 AM.

Comment

More blurring in Only Two can Play, so Mai Zetterling was not seen topless in a brief long shot in her home. Why are they treating viewers as idiots ?

Very annoying, and counter productive as it draws attention to the scene....
                    Miss Zetterling's blurred bum:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2018-01-29-11h11m47s537.png
Views:	1
Size:	357.7 KB
ID:	53308

Comment

She was never shown topless in the cinema release,only her bum

Comment

I think the film received an 'X' certifate for this one shot...

I remember at the time it generated a tremendous amount of publicity for the film in the popular press, and it may have been the first such shot in a UK film, apart from the nudist films of course....though there were the nudist colony scenes in I'm All right Jack which may have been the first ..

Comment

Way back then I seem to remember that the mere idea of adultery or similar themes was enough to get an X certificate, I believe that The Little Hut (1957) was given an X for that very reason.

Comment

Originally posted by cassidy View Post
                            Way back then I seem to remember that the mere idea of adultery or similar themes was enough to get an X certificate, I believe that The Little Hut (1957) was given an X for that very reason.
                            The Little Hut was actually an A certificate. These days Only Two Can Play is a PG.

Comment

Originally posted by Odeonman View Post

The Little Hut was actually an A certificate..
                              I remember it as an X Cert in our area. Maybe other councils were different. In any event I left before the end wondering why the "X".

Comment

You can see June Ritchie topless in the bath in LNPL

Comment

Working...
                                X