• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orpheum View Post
    You can see June Ritchie topless in the bath in LNPL

I remember it well!

Comment

I watched "Capone" last night with Ben Gazarra recorded from Talking Pictures. I think that the TV Censor was on holiday when this was shown !!

Comment

Accidentally watching Family At War the word "bastard' was blanked out.

Comment

Just watching The Criminal,recently shown on Talking Pictures.Margarita Saad topless in the bath.

Comment

Petty censorship is aborrent.....

Glad we are monitoring this - keep it up !

Comment

Originally posted by julian_craster View Post
              Petty censorship is aborrent.....

Glad we are monitoring this - keep it up !

Yes, petty, and just plain dumb.

Comment

Mmm. Russ Meyer's "Beyond The Valley of The Dolls" at 9.25 tonight.

This could be interesting.

Comment

I suggest a polite email to them inquiring on this very subject, as well as congratulating them for showing rare British movies (something I'm sure all of us feel).
                  Last edited by agutterfan; 3rd February 2018, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by agutterfan View Post
                    I suggest a polite email to them inquiring on this very subject, as well as congratulating them for showing rare British movies (something I'm sure all of us feel).
                    Indeed, many thanks to them, although could they shrink the size of their logo a bit!

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post

...although could they shrink the size of their logo a bit!
                      ...and replace that 'faux twee' continuity announcer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post

Indeed, many thanks to them, although could they shrink the size of their logo a bit!
                        I think that you might mean their DOG (Digital On-screen Graphic) shown in the corner of the screen during broadcasts

Steve

Comment

Though their DOG is considerably smaller than that on ITV3, ITV4, 5, 5 USA, SPIKE and some others I don't watch ...

Comment

Originally posted by narabdela View Post
                            Mmm. Russ Meyer's "Beyond The Valley of The Dolls" at 9.25 tonight.

This could be interesting.
                            The British Board of Film Classification have cut the UK video release by 53 seconds. New opening credits were required for this release, as the BBFC would not allow a montage shot of a gun being pushed into the mouth of a sleeping woman, a scene that also reappears in full at the end of the movie (and was also cut). Ironically, the film has been broadcast uncut several times on UK network TV, by Channel 4.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065466/...f_=tt_ql_trv_5

Comment

Saw Shalako on London Live a couple of days ago. In one of the opening scenes a scout is left to die while balanced on a spear by the Apaches and the scene is cut in the final moments, but I had to laugh while watching The Malta Story on Talking Pictures yesterday when the warning came up at the start of the film stating that the picture contained "mild offensive language". Sure enough I had to cover my ears when the words "ruddy" and "damn" cropped up during the film !!!!!

Comment

Found the answer. DVD classification is not applied to TV broadcasting, which has it's own complicated code, here:
                                https://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv-radio-an...broadcast-code.The crucial issue for broadcasters is the 9pm watershed, certain films cannot be shown before 9pm without edits. So blame Ofcom.
                                Last edited by agutterfan; 5th February 2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X