TV Channel Logos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Channel Logos

What is the point of having TV Channel Logos stuck in the left hand cornel of the tv screen?

I know what channel I clicked on so why oh why do they put them on there................So annoying!!

Anyone else find them annoying?

To prevent and trace bootleggers of programmes and films on E-Bay ? Similar reason for talking over the end credits....

Comment

Originally posted by julian_craster View Post
      To prevent and trace bootleggers of programmes and films on E-Bay ? Similar reason for talking over the end credits....
      Most of those programmes (especiallly films ) have already been released on numerous formats or very soon after.

Comment

I assume your talking about on-screen watermarks .....

I don't think there's much of a market these days for sales, ebay or elsewhere, especially given the ease of free access and downloads through public torrents, and private torrent websites.

And as fast as the music and motion pictures medianazis close down a torrent site, the site owner(s) move servers to another country and re-open under a different name.
        Last edited by arthur linden-jones; Yesterday, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post
          I assume your talking about on-screen watermarks .....

Indeed those normally stuck in the left hand cornel

I do not understand why they are there,We never had them in the past,So why the need?

Comment

Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post

I do not understand why they are there,We never had them in the past,So why the need?
            I actually have films that I recorded many years ago (for personal use) that have "Carlton " in the corner as their logo.

Comment

I've always hated them. They're called DOGs (Digital Onscreen Graphics).
              IPPs (In-Programme Pointers) are even worse. They're the things that barge onto the screen before the closing credits to tell you what's on next.
              There used to be an organisation called Logo Free TV which fought against them but sadly the battle was lost a long time ago.

Comment

Pretty much every channel has them now, apart from the main Freeview channels. Iplayer and the other streaming services has them as well. I am watch E4 at this moment, and yes, it has one in the corner.

Comment

I remember quite a while back when it was asked why channels insist on displaying their logos on the corner of the screen, and they said it was for the benefit of those who changed channels constantly so that they could see what channel they were currently watching. The problem was I noticed many of them removed their logos during the commercial breaks - so that throws that argument out of the window.

Comment

Working...
                  X