Was it my imagination?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it my imagination?!

I seem to remember back in the late 70's/early 80's (I think) there was a TV series that had some reference to 'Big Brother' - not the later reality show but the 'big brother is watching you' scenario. It may have been something to do with industrial espionage but my memory is hazy on this. I do remember, however, some of the opening/closing credits were shown over a background of printed circuit boards. I'm sure I didn't imagine this but can find no reference to such a programme anywhere. Can anyone throw any light on this please?

I can only think of 1990 with Edward Woodward, but I'm not sure this fits your description exactly.

Comment

Not circuit boards, but would it be BIRD OF PREY (and it’s sequel) with Richard Griffiths?

Comment

• Bonekicker
        Bonekicker commented
        Editing a comment
        I always remember the opening to that - but I think it was computer graphics of a bird on a computer screen as well.

A quick look on YouTube has confirmed that what I misremembered as circuit boards on the opening credits turns out to have been an aerial shot of office blocks and other buildings as a spaceship headed for London in "The Flipside Of Dominick Hide".

I definitely recall a strong, controlling "Big Brother" element to this and although not a series, there was a sequel to this TV play and it first aired in December 1980, so the timing seems about right.
      Last edited by Tonch; 2nd August 2019, 10:45 AM. Reason: Misspelling of programme title

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonch View Post
          A quick look on YouTube has confirmed that what I misremembered as circuit boards on the opening credits turns out to have been an aerial shot of office blocks and other buildings as a spaceship headed for London in "The Flipside Of Dominick Hide".

I definitely recall a strong, controlling "Big Brother" element to this and although not a series, there was a sequel to this TV play and it first aired in December 1980, so the timing seems about right.
          Yes. "Another Flip for Dominick" which aired in 1982. The future, from whence Dominick came, did have a Big Brotherish vibe.

I remember enjoying them both.

Comment

Working...
          X