Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Magazines in TV Shows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magazines in TV Shows

Continuing a popular thread started by cornershop on the old forum:

Totally unconcerned about "Alf's Broken Leg" in TILL DEATH US DO PART:

Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2017-07-13-19h59m39s786.png Views:	1 Size:	584.1 KB ID:	8132

Else and Mike are glued to the box, no doubt after checking the strategically-placed Radio Times, then of course only covering BBC programmes. The episode was transmitted on 25th October 1972

Click image for larger version  Name:	Radio Times.jpg Views:	1 Size:	45.7 KB ID:	8133

And the issue in question covered 15th to 21st July 1972, presumably around the time the episode was recorded.
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 17th July 2017, 12:41 PM.

Same layout, but a startlingly different choice of magazine for a BBC production in 1974:

Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2017-08-17-18h33m06s500.png Views:	1 Size:	584.9 KB ID:	11344

As Alf rants about the "Three Day Week", especially the one adopted by Else, it's the TVTimes that's on the telly this time in TILL DEATH US DO PART

Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2017-08-17-18h33m06s500.png Views:	1 Size:	584.3 KB ID:	11345
    Click image for larger version  Name:	TVTimes.png Views:	1 Size:	895.3 KB ID:	11346

This issue is the one for 5th to 11th January 1974, which would tie in with the episode being the first one in the series to have a 1974 copyright date on it.

Comment

The Jackie Stewart "Radio Times" edition almost runs the same week as the General Release of Stewart's autobiographical film of his racing career Weekend of a Champion having previously been shown at the Ritz Leicester Square Feb.24 - March 15 that year 1972.

Comment

Another one from TILL DEATH US DO PART, this in "Unemployment", the last episode of the series shown in December 1975:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-12-07-17h22m16s679.png
Views:	1
Size:	634.8 KB
ID:	51227

It's Hugh Lloyd as Wal hiding behind his favourite publication as Alf and Bert start to "sing" "My Old Dutch".

And it's the August 1975 issue of Sewing & Knitting that he's purling into:

Name:	S&K.jpg
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	51228

Comment

A screencap from the Super Gran episode Supergran and the Course of True Love (1985), featuring Willard (Iam Towell), reading an issue of Match Magazine.

The front cover of the issue (dated January 21st 1984) of Match Magazine, which can be seen in the above screencap.

Last edited by billy farmer; 20th December 2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Roger Lloyd Pack and Veronica Carlson in the Spyder's Web episode The Hafiz Affair (1972):

Veronica is reading the 8th July 1971 issue of Flight International:

Comment

Being without the little grey cells of AGATHA CHRISTIE'S POIROT, I am unable to track down this issue of Homes & Gardens which Brigit Forsyth is pretending to read in "The Adventure of the Clapham Cook" (1989):

Name:	vlcsnap-2018-02-04-20h44m14s319.png
Size:	562.9 KB
ID:	53579

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
                Brigit Forsyth is pretending to read ...
                No doubt true of all the actors at the books & magazines threads!

Including Ivan Santon, an extra I must confess I've never noticed
                before, in the Interpol Calling episode The Thousand Mile Alibi:

The Air Hostess is, I am quite sure, Miranda Connell - my latest subject at 'Uncredited Actresses'.

It's all happening. Behind them are the Swissair posters To the Mediterranean and To the USA.

Ivan's magazine is as obscure to me as he is - the German TV and radio listings periodical Hör Zu:

But who is the cover star? A good clue to the production date here. The episode was broadcast 10th January 1960.
                Last edited by cornershop15; 15th June 2018, 02:33 PM. Reason: Noticed, a day later, that I mistyped two S's in "threads".

Comment

The sadly late John Stride features in this screencap from The Main Chance - Year of the Tiger (1975).
                  Main's uncredited secretary has to remind glamorous client Ingrid Hafner to hand back the magazine:

Woman, 5th May 1973, with Lulu on the cover. It was already two years old when the episode aired:

:

Comment

Working...
                  X