Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a TV programme that contained an article on computer thefts in 1994/95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a TV programme that contained an article on computer thefts in 1994/95

Hello All

Been away to long as life seems to be getting faster the Older I get and work takes over before pleasure. I am now finding time to work on something personal to my heart but I have hit a fence on the course. In 1995 as far as I can remember I watched a TV programme one evening on the lines of a "Watchdog" or similar. Contained within that programme was a report by a police officer on the rise of computer thefts in London mainly and within the show the officer held up a computer memory chip and said the words "this is worth more than gold". Those immortal words started what I have always believed to have been the trigger sentence which started the biggest crime wave in the UK of computer memory chips as the knock on effect was mind boggling . The craze led to high profile companies like the Daily Mirror being targeted and a reported theft of over £100,000 of computer memory sticks. This however was not the true case as the amount was the damage caused in total and the memory chips being a far less amount. Over the following period computer thefts rose to an all time high because of the words of that officer in my view.
    I am trying to find a recording of the programme and the report within.

If there is anywhere that I can find the programme I believe it is here. Please help.

Soap Talk
Working...
X