Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

New Dr Who

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dr Who

I'm surprised people's heads havn't exploded yet at the news. Personally, I think its about time...

Some dumb twits on Twitter have said that they'll never watch it again. I don't believe them

Steve

Comment

I wrote somewhere on the net that it reminded me of the people who swore that Danial Craig would be a terrible Bond and the movies would fail, because he was blond...

Comment

Oh, I've just realised, then lady in question is Jodie Whittaker. The news was saying that she was best known for Broadchurch, Maybe she is but I know her best for Her leading role in Joe Cornish's 2011 masterpiece, "Attack the Block" where Jodie plays Sam, a nurse who gets mugged and then caught up with some aliens who have made the mistake of landing on a council block in Stockwell, South London.

Dimples: What kind of alien, out of all the places in the whole wide world, would invade some shitty council estate in south London?
        Dennis: One that's lookin' for a fight!

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Bonekicker View Post
          I wrote somewhere on the net that it reminded me of the people who swore that Danial Craig would be a terrible Bond and the movies would fail, because he was blond...
          IMO the po-faced, jug-eared, totally uncharismatic Daniel Craig was an awful choice for Bond. They must have been desperate to pick him. It also seems a tad desperate to give Dr Who a sex change. What next, I wonder!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post

It also seems a tad desperate to give Dr Who a sex change. What next, I wonder!
            Why? Does Dr Who have a sex? He rarely really flirts with anyone, male or female
            What next? A black Dr Who has been spoken of for some time in the fan areana
            There are lots of other places they can go.

Steve

Comment

matt smith was brilliant I wiih it ended with his , passing personally . Im highly surpised the police box hasnt metamorphed or been painted pink , everything else has changed , To say its has any relation to the original conept is as rediculous as aying "i,ve had the same broom for 50 years" despite having replaced multiple heads and handles .

Comment

IMO the po-faced, jug-eared, totally uncharismatic Daniel Craig was an awful choice for Bond
                Except that his Bond movies have taken enormous amounts of money, with Skyfall beating Thunderball's (adjusted for inflation) record, with even the slightly sub par Quantum taking over $500m worldwide. Box office evidently thinks he's charismatic enough to put a lot of bums on seats.

It also seems a tad desperate to give Dr Who a sex change
                I think someone nailed it on Twitter when they replied to the charge that 'Its not realistic that The Doctor is a woman' with 'Yeah, God forbid a show about an alien that can change his face is unrealistic'. You dont change the outside of the Tardis (iconic) but as long as she's good and has good scripts, you can pretty much do what else you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
                  Why? Does Dr Who have a sex? He rarely really flirts with anyone, male or female
                  What next? A black Dr Who has been spoken of for some time in the fan arena
                  There are lots of other places they can go.

Steve
                  Like God, Dr Who has always been a "he"!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonekicker View Post

Except that his Bond movies have taken enormous amounts of money, with Skyfall beating Thunderball's (adjusted for inflation) record, with even the slightly sub par Quantum taking over $500m worldwide. Box office evidently thinks he's charismatic enough to put a lot of bums on seats.
                    Yes I do realise that. As I said.... "IMO".

I think someone nailed it on Twitter when they replied to the charge that 'Its not realistic that The Doctor is a woman' with 'Yeah, God forbid a show about an alien that can change his face is unrealistic'. You dont change the outside of the Tardis (iconic) but as long as she's good and has good scripts, you can pretty much do what else you like.
                    He was created as a Time Lord, not a Time Lady.

Comment

Does this make Peter Capaldi has had the briefest tenure as the Doctor?

Comment

.. He rarely really flirts with anyone, male or female...
                        I wonder if this new 'Time Lord' will flirt with anyone— with their special companions and/or the viewing audience?

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
                          Like God, Dr Who has always been a "he"!
                          God doesn't have a gender. It's only people who impose one on "him"

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

God doesn't have a gender. It's only people who impose one on "him"

Steve
                            That's because the Bible tells us He created "man" in His own image.

Comment

Originally posted by wadsy View Post
                              Does this make Peter Capaldi has had the briefest tenure as the Doctor?
                              Eccleston only did one series.

I'm a traditionalist but I can't say it's it's the end of the world.

The future scripts are what will dictate how successful the next series will be.

Comment

Working...
                              X