The Masked Singer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Masked Singer

If ever a programme was over hyped then this is it. What a total waste of time and money yet again from ITV.
    Straight over to Netflix end of.

I remember back in the 70's on "Opportunity Knocks" they had an artiste billed as "The Masked Singer" who turned out to be P.J Proby!
    As I recall he camed second but I can't recall who won!

Comment

Originally posted by wadsy View Post
      I remember back in the 70's on "Opportunity Knocks" they had an artiste billed as "The Masked Singer" who turned out to be P.J Proby!
      As I recall he camed second but I can't recall who won!
      Indeed, and before that David Soul did the same thing in the States for reasons I have never quoted understood- he was unknown at the time

Comment

Being a masked singer isnt a bad idea for an unknown. The air of mystery helps whip up the press, and nobdy gets to see your face, but only hears your voice. That a celeb is masked is a twist, but it sort of makes sense - who could that be? Says the audience...

in fact, a mystery singer is part of the plot of a cliff Richard film!
        Last edited by Bonekicker; 5th January 2020, 03:18 PM.

Comment

I saw a few minutes of the show this evening. It was pretty much "as billed", just as good or as bad as one might have expected. Like any of the Fast & Furious films, if you leave your brain by them door in the hall, you can sit down and be entertained in a fairly innocent way. Not the greatest concept, or production, but smoothly done. The celebrity panel did their best to look excited/confused/intrigued and some of the reactions appeared genuine.

Comment

Working...
          X