Victoria Derbyshire Programme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victoria Derbyshire Programme

I see the BBC ending a popular and well made programme to save money. Perhaps one of its big stars wants a rise or maybe the Eastenders new studio needs more money spending on it. They are really shooting themselves in the foot this time. The show is popular with younger people who the BBC need. I despair of them.

Never watched the program tbh, but one of my sons was interviewed on it a few months back. He has a background in broadcasting and was shocked at how ill prepared she was and seemingly uninterested in the subject, under discussion.

He had been fan of the program, but quickly lost interest after the experience.

Comment

I’ve just realised I put this on Radio Talk and its a TV programme. Is there a chance one of our wonderful moderators could move it. Sorry guys.

Comment

I understand what you are saying but younger people watch this. It just seems like the BBC getting rid of things for the sake of it. It isn’t my cup of tea either but I still think they are making a huge mistake with this.

Comment

But Victoria said we needed to be kept informed about the working class.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nn.png
Views:	126
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	83637

Comment

Originally posted by googiefan View Post
            I’ve just realised I put this on Radio Talk and its a TV programme. Is there a chance one of our wonderful moderators could move it. Sorry guys.
            Moved to Living Room -> British Television

Steve

Comment

Perhaps Victoria's personal fee is too expensive for BBC daytime tv ?

Though her support team of freelancers are probably paid peanuts....

But I think C4 and Channel 5 might be interested and will pay Victoria double...
              Last edited by julian_craster; 25th January 2020, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jamal.nazreddin View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	nn.png Views:	23 Size:	240.2 KB ID:	83637
                That is a bit much coming from someone who is middle/upper class even though she was from Lancs.
                Last edited by Metro1962; 24th January 2020, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks for moving this thread to the right place Steve. I need to pay attention in future.

Comment

Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post

That is a bit much coming from someone who is middle/upper class even though she was from Lancs.

Even though?

Comment

Not known to be middle or upper class place.

The BBC are full of it.......middle or upper class people that is.

Comment

Originally posted by jamal.nazreddin View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	nn.png
Views:	126
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	83637
                        That looks like Penelope Keith to me.

Comment

I usually watch this show, sorry to see it go.

Comment

Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post
                            Not known to be middle or upper class place.
                            Seriously? Soft Southerner?...or have you just been watching too much ”Coronation Street”?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald Lovell View Post

That looks like Penelope Keith to me.
                              They have the same face, same hairstyling and same demeanour.

I say Derbyshire's demeanour is wrong for that kind of show. Naga Munchetty's demeanour might be preferable and she IS £20 thousand cheaper than Derbyshire.

Comment

Working...
                              X