No announcement yet.

It's a great week for P&P films on TV in the UK next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be better if they showed the many British films that have not received an airing on tv.

Comment

I just watched The Red Shoes on BBC2. It was the restored print, restored by Scorsese’s Film Foundation. It was made in 1.37:1 so was shown with a black bar to either side of the screen.

It it looked great

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by orpheum View Post
        It would be better if they showed the many British films that have not received an airing on tv.
        Indeed, I have been waiting for a few films for decades.

And eventually one is either disappointed or suffers with a form of 'post-purchase rationalisation'.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
          I just watched The Red Shoes on BBC2. It was the restored print, restored by Scorsese’s Film Foundation. It was made in 1.37:1 so was shown with a black bar to either side of the screen.

It it looked great

Steve

BBC2 usually gets it right.

Comment

Today’s film on BBC2 was Black Narcissus . Another fine film from Powell & Pressburger and The Archers

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
              I just watched The Red Shoes on BBC2. It was the restored print, restored by Scorsese’s Film Foundation.

Steve
              Did it say that on the beginning or end credits?

Comment

Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post

Did it say that on the beginning or end credits?
                No, it’s usually at the end but it was cut from the BBC2 screening. However, I can tell the difference. Especially when I see the lady in the red and white striped dress at Lady Neston’s party where she first meets Lermontov

Steve

Comment

Working...
                X