Broderick Crawford and Highway Patrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broderick Crawford and Highway Patrol

Remember Highway Patrol and the tough-but-fair Dan Matthews? He hardly ever took his wide-brimmed trilby off - even when being shot at. There are lots of episodes on YouTube of this fast-paced series. It's great to see those wallowing great cop cars in action again. Just type in Highway Patrol in YouTube.

10 - 4
    Last edited by Panavision; 8th February 2020, 07:58 PM.

Originally posted by Panavision View Post
    Remember Highway Patrol and the tough-but-fair Dan Matthews? There are lots of episodes on YouTube of this fast-paced series. It's great to see those wallowing great cop cars in action again. Just type in Highway Patrol.

10 - 4

10-4.............

Comment

10 - 4, Narabdela

Comment

21-50 to Headquarters !!!!. Wonderful memories
        Last edited by cassidy; 9th February 2020, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Yes, Cassidy...21 - 50 to Headquarters. And an 11 -99 means Dan wants assistance urgently. It's worth watching for that memorable theme tune. Da da da diddle di dahhh. Apparently Broderick was fond of a drink, so they had to get in his fast-talking dialogue before lunch. Wonderful memories, as you say, Cassidy. I wonder what make tose cop cars were?

10 - 4
          Last edited by Panavision; 9th February 2020, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Panavision View Post
            Yes, Cassidy...21 - 50 to Headquarters. And an 11 -99 means Dan wants assistance urgently. It's worth watching for that memorable theme tune. Da da da diddle di dahhh. Apparently Broderick was fond of a drink, so they had to get in his fast-talking dialogue before lunch. Wonderful memories, as you say, Cassidy. I wonder what make tose cop cars were?

10 - 4
            21-50 to Panavision,

1955 Buick Century 2 door Sedan.

10-4.

Comment

21 - 50 to Cassidy

Many thanks for the low-down on the cars, chief. Buick Century Sedan....that's a great name and it sounds like they're doing 100mph already. Car names are so tame nowadays such as (my) Nissan Micra and Aygos, etc. I wonder why Highway Patrol used two-door cars? Maybe to keep the desperados from jumping out of the back seat. I also like the episodes involving those wonderful Bell helicopters. But please don't get me started on Whirlybirds now... LOL

10 - 4

Comment

Fun fact - the "Highway Patrol" cars used by the actors were painted red instead of black so that they would not be confused with the real ones. Since the entire series was shot in black and white this was not a problem on screen as red appeared as black.

A nice little 34 minute video covering the very successful recreation of this type of patrol vehicle by a dedicated fan:

Comment

Thanks for the Highway Patrol film, Lazarus. Amazing to think of the cop cars painted red. I remember reading somewhere that in Emergency Ward Ten the nurses' uniforms were actually yellow because they photographed better. I looked at highwaypatroltv.com and saw that they took only sixteen hours to film an episode. That's some going alright, especially as it was mostly on location. That guy Gary with his own Buick is a great lookalikey for Broderick.

10 - 4

Comment

Working...
                  X