The Vicar of Dibley returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Vicar of Dibley returns

No doubt it will be well done, but with a lot of the cast gone I wonder what it will be like?

https://metro.co.uk/2020/11/20/the-v...turn-13628632/

It would be interesting. Dawn French, will she be in the cast? As I recall, some years back they tried to revive Open all hours with David Jason. Without Ronnie Barker, did that series survive?

Comment

Dawn French appears in three 10 minute specials showing over Xmas.

Comment

• Faginsgirl
        Faginsgirl commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting!

It's called The Vicar of Dibley in Lockdown, weekly starting on Monday 7th December @ 8.50pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric7885 View Post
        some years back they tried to revive Open all hours with David Jason. Without Ronnie Barker, did that series survive?
        Yes it did all of 6 series of them and there is to be a miniseries coming later to tie up all the loose ends.

Comment

I watched her in “The Vicar of Dibley in Lockdown.” this evening.

That’s 30 minutes I’ll never get back.

Steve

Comment

I couldn't bring myself to watch it having read about its content. I'm glad I didn't.

Comment

Dawn French is often a let-down, more often than not, IMO. The best of The Vicar of Dibley was always the support cast, not the star. I haven't the slightest interest in watching this Lockdown special. The Vicar has had her day.

Comment

People have to remember a lot of the main cast have passed away so they made it in the best possible way they could.

Comment

That’s not why I refused to watch it!

Comment

Sometimes people ask for too much?

Maybe some do not like the show anyway so why would they watch it!!

I enjoyed it sadly it was only 10mins long.

A couple of weeks time they are showing a compilation of the 3 parts.
                    Last edited by Silver Bullet; 8 December 2020, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X