Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Billy Budd (1962)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Budd (1962)

A rare outing for this 1962 sea faring drama directed by and starring Peter Ustinov.
    Screens on TCM Tuesday 11th from 15.00 to 17.20 and also Wednesday 12th from 09.15 to 11.30.
    Superb performances from Terence Stamp, Robert Ryan , and Ustinov.

Great film. It was shown here in Sydney once about 20 years ago & I recorded it, on video alas & I haven't seen it since.
    According to Terence Stamp, the part played by Melvyn Douglas was actually supposed to go to Wilfrid Lawson but he was in no condition to play the roll!

Comment

I'm endeavouring to make some link with this gem of a film with the opera of some ten years previously by Benjamin Britten. I shall have to look up a major feature on this film which I know exists somewhere in Films and Filming of that year approximate; whether the director Peter Ustinov draw any themes from that opera to embed in his cinematic work.

Comment

Watched this last night after not seeing it since it first came out . Good film with a great cast. Ustinov his usual brilliant self and Robert Ryan being as nasty as he could be. Loved it.

Comment

Working...
        X