Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Ipcress File

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipcress File

BBC1 Saturday 29 April

One of my all time favourites.

Still as good as ever, great cast great film.

George Cowley (Jock Carswell) gets deaded

It was was on BBC 2 though, so was shown without any ad breaks.

Steve

Comment

One of the better realistic spy films and a great theme (no not by Dennis Waterman) and Nigel Green was first rate as usual. Has there ever been a bio book on him?

Comment

Originally posted by Merton Park View Post
        BBC1 Saturday 29 April

One of my all time favourites.

Still as good as ever, great cast great film.
        The ambience!

It's a great film.

Comment

Typically, it was on in the afternoon, when I was at work!

Simply one of the best spy films of the sixties, with a fantastic score. I'm tempted to get it on Blu-Ray, even though I've already got the Network DVD set, and the poster is one I've been after for a while.

The filming seems to have been a bit intense! Nigel Green does look like an actor who could do with a biography.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonekicker View Post
            Typically, it was on in the afternoon, when I was at work!
            Don't you have a recorder?

Steve

Comment

It's on Iplayer until midnight tomorrow night.

Comment

Don't you have a recorder?
                I do, but I didn't know it was on. If I had spotted it while at work, I would have put it on at least one TV, if only to show off the set!

And since its a SD recorder, and I already have the Network DVD boxset, it would be a bit pointless (but the blu ray version in about £9 from Network itself). But the HD version on Iplayer sounds good, and its nice to see that its still available - most films are not on catchup at all.

Comment

I'd wait for a Network sale to get the blu-ray - in the last one it was £5:51

Comment

I'm sure i have somewhere the VHS copy made from the BBC many years ago. I am pleased Ipcress is continuing to impress new viewers. It is a sterling production with Caine and John Barry and the Canadian director Sidney j.Furie really merging together. There is a photo-I think on Getty or British Pathe-with Michael Caine ,the passenger in a car in Leicester Square ,appreciating the endless queues of eager filmgoers outside the Leicester Square Theatre for his movie!

It was an exciting period in British cultural history. Although only 11 at the time I eagerly anticipated every new release in London in the hope mum and dad would get the bug themselves for when whichever release came to the Midlands.

Comment

Great John Barry music!

Comment

Working...
                      X