Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

The Rats of Tobruk 1944

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rats of Tobruk 1944

This was on Movie4men today and I unfortunately missed the first 20 minutes, however I'm sure it will be shown again. I quite enjoyed the film and it was easy to see why Peter Finch became such an International star he was an natural. If it had a drawback it was in the instrumental background music it seemed to be more suited for a 30's film however I did enjoy the We're off to see the Wizard as they arrived in the town classic. I wonder was that the first time it was ever played in another film, maybe some one else could reply.
    Last edited by tv horror; 3rd February 2018, 11:17 PM.

I recorded it and I am sure it was movies for men,and it is repeated this week

Comment

Yep, Tuesday 6/2 15.55.

Comment

Oops I put the wrong channel it was Movies4men thanks for the correction I've edited it in to the post. Instead of phasers on stun I'm recording on fun!

Comment

Originally posted by tv horror View Post
          however I did enjoy the We're off to see the Wizard as they arrived in the town classic. I wonder was that the first time it was ever played in another film, maybe some one else could reply.
          It beats the two 1948 Tom & Jerry cartoons that use it. The soundtrack was released on an LP in 1940, so if not the first, then certainly one of the earliest!

Comment

Thanks again for the heads up I was able to watch it today, I found a few reviews from when it was first released boy were they harsh. Personally I hate critics all they can do is put in an odd pun or quote I wonder what their perfect film would be if ever one was made by them.

Comment

Working...
            X