Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Climb Up The Wall (TPTV) - creeping censorship !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that Michael Powell's "Age of Consent" is on later today. It's after the watershed, so it'll be interesting to see if they censor any of the naughty bits.

Comment

I want to see young Dame Helen's naughty bits again ! I last saw them when the film was on Film Four last year...

Comment

Originally posted by julian_craster View Post
        I want to see young Dame Helen's naughty bits again ! I last saw them when the film was on Film Four last year...
        Click image for larger version

Name:	spankie.gif
Views:	79
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	64039

Comment

Originally posted by narabdela View Post
          I see that Michael Powell's "Age of Consent" is on later today. It's after the watershed, so it'll be interesting to see if they censor any of the naughty bits.
          There's so much of her "naughty bits" on display that even TPTV will find it difficult to cover them all up

Steve

Comment

Can I have the job of blurring the naughty bits. Please.

Comment

In the opening of Thank You Askey is singing a song in a wartime tube station.A man resembling Hitler is sleeping.Askey picks up his paper,it is German but the papers name is blanked out.i wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

There's so much of her "naughty bits" on display that even TPTV will find it difficult to cover them all up

Steve
                They didn’t cover up or even blur any of Dame Helen’s “naughty bits”, nor those of Clarissa Kaye (later Mrs Mason after she & James were wed).

I’m glad to see that they showed the version with the original score by Peter Sculthorpe rather than the studio imposed soundtrack by Stanley Myers.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by orpheum View Post
                  In the opening of Thank You Askey is singing a song in a wartime tube station.A man resembling Hitler is sleeping.Askey picks up his paper,it is German but the papers name is blanked out.i wonder why
                  It's a copy of The Jewish Chronicle.

By the way, TPTV blocked me on Twitter after I pointed out that they were censoring a sight gag in an 80-year-old Arthur Askey film.
                  Last edited by ChunkyMonkey; 24th November 2018, 08:25 PM.

Comment

The Brinks Job is currently being screened on TPTV as I post this - what an absolute travesty, all the swearing blanked out, even "son of a bitch". It was originally an 'AA' - no wonder they gave this version a 'PG' rating, it was so tame. Surely, for a film that is so rarely screened on TV, they could have waited an hour (it was an 8 p.m. screening) and played it after the watershed.

Comment

Originally posted by ChunkyMonkey View Post
                      The Brinks Job is currently being screened on TPTV as I post this - what an absolute travesty, all the swearing blanked out, even "son of a bitch". It was originally an 'AA' - no wonder they gave this version a 'PG' rating, it was so tame. Surely, for a film that is so rarely screened on TV, they could have waited an hour (it was an 8 p.m. screening) and played it after the watershed.
                      The Brinks Job was an A on release and the swearing that was removed was not down to TPTV but down to Col-EMI-Warner at the time,There were responsible for removing the swearing with overdubbed 'cleaner' language to appeal to a much younger cinema audience by bringing the rating down.

Comment

Watching the Breakfast news on BBC1 this morning it looked to me as if they had blurred out Baroness Trumpington's V sign when reporting her passing !!

Comment

The return of MR BLOBBY on TPTV yesterday ( I thought he had been pensioned off...) ...

In I'M ALL RIGHT JACK (a ' U' certificate film in 1959 so considered suitable for all) the bottoms of the lady nudists were blurred out.... Disgraceful ! ...

Comment

In I'M ALL RIGHT JACK (a ' U' certificate film in 1959 so considered suitable for all) the bottoms of the lady nudists were blurred out.... Disgraceful ! ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	facepalm-calvin.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	68511

Comment

The return of MR BLOBBY on TPTV yesterday ( I thought he had been pensioned off...) ...

Nothing to get arsey about

Comment

Working...
                              X